ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer
National Chapter Intern – Remote
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to ending prostate cancer. Our mission is to save lives and stop pain and suffering by advancing research, encouraging action, and providing education and support to prostate cancer patients and their families.
ZERO is seeking a motivated and dedicated individual to assist the National Chapter Coordinator with developing and advancing chapter growth. This is an ideal position for a candidate seeking real-life fundraising and development experience in the nonprofit sector. The intern will learn about and gain hands-on experience under the guidance of accomplished nonprofit development professionals.
- Support participant and volunteer recruitment and retention efforts
- Identify, research, and solicit local businesses for sponsorships and event participation
- Contact individuals through phone calls and/or emails to encourage event participation and fundraising
- Light data entry and report analysis using Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online databases
- Solicit in-kind donations
- Event marketing support
- Update event and operational tracking documents
- Other duties as assigned
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Professional demeanor and passion for nonprofit work
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Strong computer skills and a quick learner of new technology
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a good sense of humor
- Part-time internships available between the hours of 9a-5p M-F
This position is a part-time, unpaid internship and can be performed remotely. Hours are flexible between 9am-5pm, Monday through Friday.
Interested applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter. Please include ‘National Chapter Intern’ in the subject line. Please include the job site that referred you to this position in your cover letter.