Fundraising and Development Intern – Special Project (Remote)
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is a local nonprofit organization dedicated to ending prostate cancer. Our mission is to save lives and stop pain and suffering by advancing research, encouraging action, and providing education and support to prostate cancer patients and their families.
ZERO’s Development Team is seeking interns to help build our Grow & Give No-Shave November campaign. This position requires attention to detail, strong communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work flow. In addition to helping ZERO expand our Grow & Give campaign, interns will learn about and gain experience in building and cultivating donor relationships. We look for teammates that are humble, hungry, and people smart, and ready to challenge themselves to grow into #ZEROStrong Development officers. While this is an unpaid internship, you’ll be learning from a team of fundraising and development experts with more than 20 years of nonprofit development experience. Work from home on your schedule. We are flexible and can custom create a work schedule that meets your needs and our goals.
This internship will provide education and experience in:
- Expanding ZERO’s Grow & Give No-Shave November campaign – recruitment, sales pitches, and coaching peer-to-peer fundraisers
- Building and cultivating donor relationships
- Communicating with donors over the phone and in writing
- Database management – keeping track of phone, email, and mail communications with donors
- Administrative and research projects as needed
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Professional demeanor
- Strong computer skills & a quick learner of new technology
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a good sense of humor
- Fundraising experience a plus
Awarded five consecutive years as Best Nonprofits to Work For, ZERO is dedicated to providing a culture that fosters professional growth and camaraderie. We are a 501(c)(3) charity recognized with four stars by Charity Navigator and 85 cents of every dollar goes to programs and initiatives.
To apply for this internship please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Fundraising and Development Intern – Special Project (Remote)” in the subject line.