Youth Villages is expanding intensive residential treatment on the Bartlett, TN campus! Bill’s Place will address a gap in services for youth with a higher need of integrated, supported care. The 100,000 square-foot expansion will allow 435 boys and girls to be helped annually through our intensive residential services, allowing Youth Villages to help many of the children who otherwise would be on a waiting list.
Bill’s place will be a welcoming space with natural lighting and interior finishes that provide a safe, comfortable, and fun environment.
The expansion will include:
- Theater and musical performance room with space for therapeutic drumming
- Gym, outdoor pool, exercise room & outside playground
- Classrooms and modern computer lab
- Family counseling rooms
- Expanded health station with additional nursing and psychiatric staff, pediatricians, dentists, and optometrists
- Physical & occupational therapy room
- Sensory therapy rooms
- Neurofeedback therapy programs
Watch now to see how YV is helping kids live successfully!
**Ask about our $2,000 Relocation Assistance**
- Plan for individual and group activities to stimulate growth in language, social, and other skills.
- Participate in training and in-service activities.
- Administer and interprets testing to determine academic needs.
- Develop and uses a variety of teaching techniques.
- Produce lesson plans that reflect the individual educational needs of students.
- Prepare reports in compliance with school guidelines.
- Maintain progress notes, attendance records, and grade scores in a timely manner.
- Other essential duties as needed.
- Candidates may have the opportunity to teach in specialized subjects
- Monday – Friday, 7:30am to 3:30pm.
Small Class Sizes to allow more one on one attention to individual students and their educational needs. The standard Youth Villages class size ranges from 8-15 children.
Tuition & Licensure reimbursement, and training for your career growth and advancement
A Bachelor’s degree in education with appropriate certification is required (K-12)
Active Licensure in TN is required
Experience in special education or teaching experience in a clinical environment is preferred
Experience working with at-risk youth a major plus
Experience working with youth is required
Excellent written, verbal, and oral skills
Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
Basic computer knowledge
Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
Experience growth and development through our continuous training, as well as tuition and licensure reimbursement, or pursue opportunities to advance both clinically and administratively with Youth Villages.
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
Retirement Savings Pension Plan
2 weeks paid vacation
Paid Parental Leave
12 paid sick days per year
10 paid holidays
Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement (when applicable)
Youth Villages is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Youth Villages is committed to not only advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace but also in our work with children and young adults. We know that children, families and young people of color can face inequity in child welfare and justice systems, and we train our employees to build the skills they need to work with the communities that we serve, as well as, other employees from different cultures and backgrounds. Youth Villages is opposed to racism in any of its forms and is committed to inclusion, equity, and diversity. We believe that respect for each other is crucial in the work that we do each day.