Full Time & Per Diem Opportunities available:
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values – integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion – must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the supervision of the Diagnostic Radiology / Breast Imaging Manager and/or Assistant Chief Technologist, performs a wide variety of technical and professional duties utilizing complex imaging equipment to produce quality mammography images as requested for subsequent interpretation by the radiologist. All duties are performed according to departmental and organizational policies and procedures., Promotes service excellence in all interactions as outlined in the Key Behaviors in the YNHH Core Success Factors. To meet the staffing needs of the department, as necessary, Diagnostic Radiology staff may be assigned at any of the YNHH Diagnostic Radiology locations, regardless of your regularly assigned work location.
- Performs quality and efficient mammographic examinations, utilizing appropriate age specific standards, to provide a source for interpretation by radiologists and viewing by referring physicians.
- Identifies correct patient and requested examination 100% of the time as observed by supervisors and interpreting radiologists.
- Operates mammographic and computer equipment to ensure proper technical results and is aware of and adheres to ACR and FDA/MQSA guidelines and policies.
- Conducts daily inspection of mammographic equipment, Ultrasound machines (where applicable), procedural equipment, and supporting RIS systems, PenRad reporting system, and PACs system to ensure proper performance. Reports all malfunctions to supervisor and/or makes necessary contacts to service and/or IT staff.
- Prepares examination room to provide a Clean & Safe environment for patients, ensuring cleanliness and adequate supplies in the performance of all exams.
- Notifies supervisor of any need(s) for necessary supplies in a timely manner to prevent total depletion of stock.
- Performs quality and compassionate patient care, utilizing appropriate age specific standards, in order to ensure patient cooperation, safety, and satisfaction as documented in Press Ganey Surveys.
- Thoroughly explains the procedure to ensure patient physical and emotional comfort and cooperation with zero occurrences of patient complaints per year.
- Exhibits an attitude of teamwork while displaying courtesy and professionalism toward co-workers, supervisors, and physicians.
- Interacts with supervisor, physicians, and support service personnel in a professional and courteous manner in order to facilitate the scheduling and implementation of mammographic exams/procedures.
- Participates in various learning activities in order to further his/her own personal knowledge in order to meet all ACR, FDA/MQSA, State, and ARRT guidelines.
- Receives, on a yearly basis, a minimum of five (5) ECE credits Category A in the area of mammography and provides documentation of such to supervisor on a yearly basis and/or as needed for ACR, and FDA/MQSA inspections.
- To enhance the patient experience in Diagnostic radiology all staff will be responsible to achieve patient satisfaction scores set by the department on the Test & Treatment section of our Press Ganey Survey.
- Staff will present themselves in a friendly and courteous manner; Staff will identify themselves and their role while encouraging a Patient and Family Center experience.
- Staff will fully explain procedure and ask if the patient has any additional questions about the procedure.
- Staff will address any comfort issues a patient may have prior to starting procedure.
- Staff will thank patient once procedure is completed and ask the patient if they have any additional questions.
- Staff must meet the above goals and fiscal year threshold value, which was last fiscal year actual for a 2 rating on review.
- Staff must meet the above goals and exceed fiscal year threshold value by +.2 for a 3 rating on review. 3. Staff must meet the above goals and exceed fiscal year threshold value by +.4 for a 4 rating on review.
Graduation from an A.M.A. approved Radiologic Technology program. AS degree required.
Demonstrated technical skills to meet entry level standards of routine mammography., .
RT (M), RT (R) required. CT State License Required. CPR Certification Preferred.