We are looking for an eloquent and creative ghostwriter to help grow Y STEM and Chess Inc.’s mission is to empower underserved and at-risk children with an opportunity to pursue STEM careers and change their life trajectory. Teaching underserved children chess, math, and computer science to empower them to pursue STEM majors/professions with the support of professionals.
As their ghostwriter, you will play an integral role in ensuring their message is delivered concisely, ultimately growing the visibility of Y STEM and Chess.
- Collaborate with Founder and team members to clearly define current and future goals
- Craft targeted chapters, carefully considering the needs and desires of the founder
Necessary Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or Political Science preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines, often working on multiple pieces at once.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact and draw out information from a variety of different audiences.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Exceptional research skills and extensive knowledge of politics, business, and history.
- Ability to adapt with ease, depending upon the setting and audience.
- Patience and strong listening skills are critical.
- Detail-oriented and well-organized
- Firm grasp of the English language; ability to craft quality pieces and edit when necessary.
- Awareness of time-sensitive issues and confidentiality.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience working on a campaign trail is preferred
- Portfolio of published works or assignments a bonus