STATE OF WYOMING
invites applications for the position of:
CTMG11-2021-00858-Computer Technology Program Manager-Cheyenne
SALARY: $5,288.77 – $6,815.43 Monthly
OPENING DATE: 05/28/21
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Game and Fish Department is seeking a Computer Technology Program Manager in Cheyenne, WY. Under the supervision of the Chief Technology Officer (CTMG14), this position oversees and coordinates the work of a team engaged in database administration, application programming, and program analysis. Work involves collaborating with Department personnel to meet application development and data needs, developing work schedules to address those needs, and distributing work to the appropriate Application Development team members.
Human Resource Contact: Laura Curtis 307-777-4507
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Oversee and coordinate the work of a team engaged in database administration, application programming, and business analysis.
- Allocate and balance workloads within the team to meet required timelines.
- Sets standards for work, provide training and feedback to staff and perform required personnel evaluations.
- Develop and maintain processes to manage application development and database projects.
- Manage IT requests and work within the priority guidelines as set by the Information Technology Oversight Committee (ITOC).
- Provide support, mentoring, training, and recommendations to the Application Development team and other Department personnel regarding databases, applications, and personal development.
- Utilize programming and database skills to assist in completing IT projects and requests as necessary.
- Research new technologies and tools and make recommendations about the implementation of valuable tools and technologies.
- Work collaboratively with other IT sections (operations and GIS) to solve cross-unit issues and find efficiencies.
- Participate in Information Technology Oversight Committee (ITOC) Technical meetings and Division centric IT discussions.
Preference will be given to individuals with education in information technology or a closely related field,
Preference will be given to individuals with work experience in leadership roles/supervision in an application development team.
Preference will be given to individuals with knowledge of information technology applications in a wildlife management setting is desired.
**Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Extensive knowledge of application development in a web-based environment.
- Extensive knowledge of information technology project management in an agile environment to organize, manage and complete multiple projects.
- Ability to interpret and translate business requirements into logical structures for functional application designs.
- Ability to organize data in relational databases and extensive use of T-SQL.
- Extensive experience with .NET development. Extensive knowledge of Microsoft SQL databases.
- Effective ability to manage professional relationships and handle conflicts in the workplace.
- Ability to communicate effectively through a wide variety of methods and a wide array of people both within and outside the Department.
- Ability to perform cost/benefit analyses.
- Skill in reading, analyzing, and evaluating technical information.
- Ability to occasionally travel throughout the State of Wyoming to attend meetings with Department personnel and the general public
Bachelor’s Degree (typically in Computer Technology)
1-3 years of progressive work experience (typically in Computer Technology)
Education & Experience Substitution:
4-7 years of progressive work experience (typically in Computer Technology)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- FLSA: Exempt
- Successful applicants for employment must pass a background check prior to appointment.
- Statewide travel will be required.
040-Wyoming Game and Fish Department – Services Division
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
A complete listing of the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure can be viewed at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wyoming/default.cfm.
See Human Resource Contact Information
in the General Description Section
Statewide, WY 82002
Fax: (307) 777-6562
Class Code #CTMG11
Job # 2021-00858
CTMG11-2021-00858-COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM MANAGER-CHEYENNE
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities. No notice of eligibility will be sent to applicants who meet the minimum qualifications.