STATE OF WYOMING
invites applications for the position of:
ATTP99-2021-00035-Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) Technician (up to 49 positions)-Statewide
SALARY: $13.73 – $15.01 Hourly
OPENING DATE: 01/08/21
CLOSING DATE: 07/15/21 12:00 AM
The Wyoming Game and Fish Department seeks to hire forty-nine (49) Aquatic Invasive Species Technicians throughout the state. These positions range in duration from 4 to 6 months. Technicians will inspect watercraft at key locations around the state in an effort to prevent the introduction and spread of aquatic invasive species and participate in outreach and education efforts to inform the general public about the impacts of aquatic invasive species.
Human Resource Contact: 307-777-4507 Laura email@example.com
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Duties may include conducting watercraft inspections and decontamination.
- Interview boaters at watercraft check stations.
- Provide outreach information and assistance to the boating public.
- Water quality and invasive species sampling, data entry, and equipment maintenance.
Preference will be given to those with a high school degree and customer service experience or experience related to fish and wildlife resource management, or college course work towards a degree in fishery or wildlife management, ichthyology, or other closely related fields. Preference may be given to candidates with experience in watercraft operation, 4×4 vehicles, and/or hauling trailers.
**Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to work well independently with minimal supervision and also able to work well with others on a crew.
- Requires flexible schedule and work up to 12 hours per day or split shifts.
- Requires effective communication and public relations skills in daily interactions with the public.
- Ability to enter and manage data using various devices.
None – See “Preferences”
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Weekend and holiday work will be required.
- Some positions may require extended stays (4 days) in campers at various statewide locations.
- Positions require completion of inspector training course and certification provided by the Department.
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- Successful applicants for employment must pass a background check prior to appointment.
- Positions based in Cheyenne and Evanston will be hired at $15.01 per hour and all others at $13.73 per hour.
- Tentative starting dates are March 29, 2021, and May 17, 2021, with end dates of September 15, 2021, September 28, 2021, and October 31, 2021, for most positions. Certain locations have flexibility in start/end dates anywhere from mid-March through late October.
- These positions will work on watercraft inspection crews throughout Wyoming.
- Locations include Afton, Alpine, Beulah, Casper, Cheyenne, Cody, Evanston, Frannie, Glendo, Green River, Kemmerer, Keyhole, Laramie, Pinedale, Sheridan, and Torrington.
- Department housing is not provided.
- Please attach a cover letter to the online state application. The cover letter should include career plans, suitability for the job, and dates of availability (starting and ending dates are particularly important).
- CONTACT: For more information regarding these positions, contact Chris Wight, Jackson AIS Specialist, 307-231-7851, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Wes Gordon, Casper AIS Specialist, 307-473-3414, email@example.com.
040-Wyoming Game and Fish Department – Fish Division
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
A complete listing of the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure can be viewed at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wyoming/default.cfm.
See Human Resource Contact Information
in the General Description Section
Statewide, WY 82002
Fax: (307) 777-6562
Class Code #ATTP99
Job # 2021-00035
ATTP99-2021-00035-AQUATIC INVASIVE SPECIES (AIS) TECHNICIAN (UP TO 49 POSITIONS)-STATEWIDE
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities. No notice of eligibility will be sent to applicants who meet the minimum qualifications.