The Worthington Resource Pantry is looking for an AmeriCorps VISTA volunteer to serve a one-year term beginning in June or July, 2021. The VISTA will aid in the development of the Worthington Resource Pantry’s post-COVID operational structures and build capacity that will allow us to effectively distribute food and alleviate hunger in our community. Along with the pantry staff, key volunteers and neighbors, the VISTA will assist in establishing a model of indoor service that maintains the speed and efficiency of our outdoor drive thru system while also incorporating more food choice for our neighbors.
- Conduct research and collect data that will inform changes to our operational structures.
- Develop surveys or polls that will glean insights from our neighbors and volunteers.
- Collaborate with and research other local or national pantries and organizations to discover new potential operation models and best practices.
- Lead efforts to enhance communication with our neighbors by building relationships and hosting feedback sessions, creating outreach materials, and fostering new partnerships.
- Engage volunteers through all parts of the research, development, and implementation of the new operational structure.
- Assist in developing a new volunteer database, volunteer training tools, and volunteer job descriptions.
- Connect with community partners to bolster support for new or developing programs
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is able to think strategically to develop new ideas. An interest or experience in conducting research and developing survey tools would be ideal. The candidate should find ease in collaborating with people, and bring a lot of energy to engage community partners. Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
VISTA volunteers receive a monthly stipend, and at the conclusion of the year of service, they receive an education award or a cash award. Other benefits include Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness, professional training, and a health benefit.
Interested in making an impact in our community? Contact Director of Operations, Christa Hester, at 614-985-1766 or at email@example.com to learn more.