JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Expand the breadth and depth of WPI’s employer relationships, responding to current employer inquiries, conducting outreach to new employers, and connecting them to the services, resources, and programs best suited for their talent needs as a member of the CDC’s employer relations team, and support employer relations and CDC activities as needed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact frequently with employers about recruiting students and alumni of WPI by providing expert advice tailored to employers’ needs, connecting them with CDC’s recruiting technology platform, on-camp recruiting options, career fairs and other ways of reaching WPI students and alumni.
- In collaboration with employer relations team lead, develop and implement pro-active strategies to engage new and different employers in recruiting WPI students and alumni, through networking events, site visits, on-campus meetings, scheduled calls and other outreach initiatives.
- Assist with planning and organizing events that enhance employer visibility and engagement with students, such as career fairs, networking events, corporate days, virtual events, off-campus site visits, etc.
- Generate reports and analysis of recruiting activity upon request, for WPI constituents at all levels, and produce year end report of employer activity, including annual employer activity matrix report.
- Conduct annual analysis of labor market demand across WPI’s various degree programs and fields, produce report and participate in formulation of outreach strategies.
- Serve as CDC expert on WPI’s customer relationship management (CRM) system, ensure records of employer activity are current, run reports, provide analysis, and represent CDC for system administration.
- Provide administrative support for the Assistant Director, Employer Relations and Recruiting, including assistance with production of newsletters, webpage, printed materials, and other media for employers.
- Assist with the office’s employer outreach activities, plan and participate in employer site visits, and stay up to date on employment trends and career development issues.
- Remain current with industry trends and the changing employment marketplace, best practices in recruiting, and emerging STEM career fields, interact with students as needed to answer quick questions and address career issues.
- Contribute to data collection (including annual surveys and phone campaign) and reporting for career outcomes and assessment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus one to three years of experience in university career services or talent acquisition role or comparable education and experience.
- Strong customer service skills, ability to listen and understand client needs, connecting them with effective recruiting solutions, interacting effectively with campus and external constituents at all levels.
- Ability to plan, create and execute outreach and marketing campaigns to support current and develop new client relationships.
- Technical proficiency with or demonstrated ability to learn new technology tools, such as CRM’s, on-line recruiting systems, databases, spreadsheets, and the like.
- Strong quantitative reasoning skills with basic data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Experience working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment, ability to work independently and adapt to change in the workplace.
- Availability to work some evening and weekend hours to support office initiatives. Some day and overnight travel may be required.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
Please include a cover letter along with the names and contact information for three professional references.
United States of America (Exempt)WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.