We’re an insurance company. With two golf courses. A party center. And an inn.
And we’re looking for smart, prompt and courteous team players who are interested in part time or seasonal employment. Join a team where you can learn new things and meet interesting people. It’s an exciting place to work with great benefits!
Westfield Insurance has been around since 1848 and has a long-standing reputation for helping customers and the communities we serve.
Location: Westfield Center, OH
$11.00 – $13.50/hour
Average of 20 – 40 hours/week
Must be available to work a variable schedule including early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
Grounds Technician, Golf Course 1 Job Summary
The Grounds Technician 1, Golf Course, as assigned, is responsible for completing a wide-range of grounds maintenance and care duties for either Real Estate Operations or Country Club Golf Course Operations, while upholding excellent customer service standards and maintaining the Westfield brand image.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Completes assigned grounds/course maintenance and care by operating a variety of equipment and tools including, but not limited to mowers, utility vehicles, tractors, string-line trimmers, blowers, sweepers and other specialty grounds equipment.
2. As assigned, available to be on-call outside of normal working hours as part of a rotation schedule. (Real Estate Operations)
3. As directed, prepares soil by cultivating, fertilizing and soil conditioning.
4. Performs hand watering, as directed.
5. Plants and/or transplants perennials, annuals, trees and shrubs. Operates power and hand pruners for formal and selective pruning and trimming.
6. Assists with annual flower care consisting of planting, weeding, pruning, dead heading, watering, and cultivation.
7. Mulches and weeds shrubs/beds.
8. As directed, performs daily course setup such as changing cups and tee service. (Country Club Golf Course Operations)
9. Required to participate in snow removal operations. Operates necessary equipment for snow and ice removal. (Real Estate Operations)
10. Achieves the high standards of quality, production, cooperation, and service set by Westfield for our employees, guests and customers.
11. Complies with all OSHA and Westfield safety/training/certification standards within required timeframes.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. A valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
2. Must be 18 years old to operate heavy equipment/snow removal equipment to work in the Real Estate Operations Unit. Due to no heavy equipment operation in the Country Club Golf Course Operations Unit, only need to be 16 years old.
3. Ability to work a variable schedule due to weather and events, including but not limited to weekends, holidays and before/after normal business hours (7am-3:30pm). For Full Time and Part Time positions require year-round availability.
4. Ability to effectively communicate and receive instructions from leader, co-workers, and customers both verbally and in writing.
5. Previous commercial landscaping, golf course maintenance, or related experience including ability to operate maintenance and landscaping equipment is a plus.
6. High School Diploma, GED or commensurate experience.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Ability to understand verbal instructions and read work orders and schedules.
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
• Ability to maintain movement, bend, reach, lift and carry 50 pounds.
• Ability to work outside and tolerate extreme weather conditions.
• Ability to operate or to be trained on a manual transmission vehicle within the parameters of the driving policy within one month of hire.
• Ability to start and operate pull-start small engines.
• Ability to climb steps and walk over varying terrain.
• Ability to regularly work with and handle fertilizers, herbicides, fungicides and insecticides under the direction of a Licensed Commercial Pesticide Applicator.
• Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.