We’re an insurance company. With two golf courses. A party center. And an inn.
And we’re looking for smart, prompt and courteous team players who are interested in part time or seasonal employment. Join a team where you can learn new things and meet interesting people. It’s an exciting place to work with great benefits!Westfield Insurance has been around since 1848 and has a long-standing reputation for helping customers and the communities we serve.
On Course Attendant Job Summary
Location: Westfield Center, OH
Starting at $10.00/hour
Must be available to work a variable schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays
Average of 20 – 30 hours/week
The Course Attendant, as directed, provides alcoholic, non-alcoholic, packaged, and prepared food items at the walk up window, comfort stations, and with a beverage cart for guests/members at Westfield Country Club. Duties include greeting guests in a friendly, courteous manner, pouring and mixing drinks along with preparing food items requested from the menu. Attendants will operate point of sales systems, collect payment for services, and conduct daily inventory.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Provides alcoholic, non-alcoholic, packaged, and prepared foods at the walk-up window, comfort stations, and with a beverage cart for guests/members at Westfield Country Club.
2. Provides excellent customer service by greeting, interacting, and making recommendations to guests on alcoholic, non-alcoholic, packaged, and prepared foods.
3. Pours and mixes drinks and prepares food items requested from the menu.
4. Takes food and beverage orders accurately by using a point of sales system, collects payments for services, and conducts daily inventory.
5. Verifies age of guest through a valid photo ID for all alcohol requests.
6. Maintains cleaned, sanitized work stations throughout the shift.
7. Monitors the alcohol intake of guests and takes the necessary steps to avoid excessive alcohol consumption, and overserving of guests in accordance to Serve Safe trainings.
8. Achieves the high standards of quality, production, cooperation, and service set by Westfield Hospitality Services for our employees, guests and members.
9. Complies with all OSHA and Westfield safety/training/certification standards within required timeframes.
10. Consistently reports to work on time and completes shifts, as scheduled.
11. Regular operation of golf carts and/or other maintenance vehicles in order to accomplish other essential functions outlined above. May have additional travel requirements to fulfill essential functions.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Must be at least 19 years of age or older. The age requirement is due to the serving of alcoholic beverages.
2. Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
3. Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
4. Strong customer service orientation.
5. High school diploma, GED OR demonstrated commensurate experience.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Ability to remain on feet, standing and walking, for the majority of the workday.
• Ability to maintain movement, bend, reach, lift and carry 40lbs.
• Ability to operate a vehicle within the parameters of the company driving policy.
• Ability to drive for extended periods of time, under a variety of conditions, including night driving.
• Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, e-mail, etc.
• Ability to climb steps.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule of days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.