The next big thing in data is you!
We create environments for you to thrive. The growing diversity of data creates an exponential amount of new possibilities – for the world, our company and you. You’ll be part of a team driving the innovations necessary to outpace new demands and challenges everywhere data lives, from sensors to mobile devices to the cloud. We’ve only started to scratch the surface of what data can do. You can help unlock its full potential.
We are seeking highly motivated students to join Western Digital’s Silicon Operations organization. This organization is responsible for all production, planning and order management functions from the time the memory wafers leave our factories in Asia, until they are confirmed and shipped to our customers in final product form. The Silicon Operations team is responsible for delivering our products at a lowest cost, at a high-volume scale, and with the highest product quality within a very short cycle time. As a global leader in the industry in both technology development and operations, we have created an operations rotational program to identify and accelerate the development of operations leaders of the future.
What is the LAUNCH Program? The LAUNCH Program is supplemental to your full-time role. You will automatically be enrolled in the LAUNCH Program during your first twelve months. In this program, you will take a deeper dive into professional life at Western Digital by getting exposure to different parts of the organization, in addition to the experience you gain from your day-to-day responsibilities. Supplemental LAUNCH Program elements include:
- On the job training and mentorship with industry professionals
- Supplemental professional development trainings
- Executive exposure
- Networking events with other Western Digital employees
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
Milpitas, California, United States
San Jose, California, United States
- As an Operations Rotation Engineer (ORE) within Silicon Operations, you will take part in the Operations Rotational Program, which will provide you with multiple opportunities to work cross functionally.
- The aim of the program is to fast track OREs into future operations leaders. This accelerated 3.5 years rotation program allows OREs to rotate 3 times (18m-12m-12m) across various business units depending on business needs
- The exposure to diverse environments and the continuous challenge and motivation will help you develop your leadership capabilities.
- Over the course of the rotation program, you will ultimately be responsible for making our business more efficient and competitive.
- Rotations may be in Capacity Planning, Silicon Planning, Product Supply Planning, Program Mgmt., Wafer/Fab Ops, Demand Planning, Procurement, and Business Operations.
- Design, build, and improve Western Digital’s Silicon Operations supply chain by applying IE principles and using industry standard systems (Enterprise Resource Planning & Advanced Planning and Scheduling)
- Provide project management expertise on various qualification activities for existing products and new products.
- Analyzes, creates and implements manufacturing and/or business process improvements that increase capacity, reduce lead-time & eliminate non-value added.
- Be responsible for planning supply, and customer order fulfillment for a particular product assigned. Would analyze and resolve daily supply plan mismatches to demand, produce weekly material and capacity plans for the factories, weekly closure of excess and obsolete inventory, and daily closure of inquiries from internal customers.
- Completes capacity analysis internally and/or at suppliers for headcount, equipment and space requirements using effective tools.
- Manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors
- Current student, pursuing a Master of Science degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Statistics, or related field and graduating between December 2020 and June 2021
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA cumulative
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical skills in area of study
- Interest in HDD, flash, semiconductor, components, nonvolatile memory industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel
- Desired experience or coursework in Supply Chain, a strong desire for organization and efficiency, excellent communication/salesmanship, creative problem solving & quantitative skills
- Candidates with prior Semi-Conductor and strategic business background and an undergraduate degree in Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering are preferred
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL®
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, storage was the most important thing we could do for data. Now, we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and government organizations come to us for the technologies and solutions needed to bring meaning and value to their ever-increasing diversity of data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your unique skills. You can be the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer.
Western Digital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.