Reporting to the Executive Director, Financial Aid, the Scholarship Advisor is responsible for assisting students and applicants with guidance and support in their search for external grant or scholarship funding while advancing West Coast University and meeting student access objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for immediate customer service assistance to prospective and continuing students, parents, and departmental contacts. This includes resolving problems and providing support associated with the application of external scholarship programs via phone, email, text, or in person interactions.
- Acts as liaison between our office and faculty/staff, students, and the public to provide information and resources regarding scholarship availability and options. Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Represents West Coast University as assigned and presents scholarship and general financial aid information to prospective students and other interested groups
- Identifies new external scholarship opportunities for students, and initiates updates to Scholarship Universe database as appropriate.
- Assists with departmental communication in promoting awareness of external grant or scholarship programs and eligibility criteria. Creates an online resource center with templates and coaching sessions for successful scholarship application entries.
- Special projects:
- Including but not limited to assigned committees and outreach projects.
- Represent WCU at professional functions and recruiting events.
Bachelor’s degree in English, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or Business-related field.
Master’s Degree Preferred in Higher Education Administration or Educational Leadership.
Experience in advising, tutoring, or other student service in a higher education setting. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to data-driven decision-making, including effective analytical skills and proven results in achieving objectives and goals.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient computer skills, particularly word processing, spreadsheets, and database management.
- Ability to complete multiple assignments within provided time constraints with minimal supervision.
- Self-starter who works well independently, but who also thrives in a team environment, sharing ideas and working collaboratively.
- Ability to work flexible hours for evening and weekend student and prospective student support
- Must be able to travel independently
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability. Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
Primary Location: Dallas, Texas
Campus: WCU Administration
SHARE THIS JOB