**The application will be open June 7th through June 18th on the Wells Fargo career site. Please apply directly on our website by following the provided link**
**Due to a high volume of inquiries and multiple hiring managers for these roles, please do not contact the hiring manager listed. Any inquiries sent to the hiring manager listed will not receive a response **
2022 Wells Fargo CIB Sales & Trading Summer Analyst Program
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you
When you start your career with Wells Fargo Corporate & Investment Banking, you’re joining a team that is committed to your development now and over time. We are also deeply committed to the communities we serve, and to creating an environment where each team member’s unique skills, experience, and backgrounds are embraced. We pride ourselves on being ranked the 11th Best Company for Diversity and the Top Company for LGBT employees by Diversity Inc. We are also ranked the #1 Company for People with Disabilities by the National Organization on Disability and the #2 Company for Philanthropy by Diversity Inc.
Summer Analyst Program
The Summer Analyst Program provides the opportunity to gain exposure and experience working for one of the most well regarded financial institutions in the world; learn about our business and the many careers and professional development opportunities; expand personal and professional networks; incorporate knowledge gained in school while learning new skills and interviewing for future career opportunities at Wells Fargo. The duration of the Summer Analyst program is 10 weeks and opportunities are available in Charlotte and New York with limited opportunities available in Houston and San Francisco.
Corporate & Investment Banking delivers a comprehensive suite of capital markets, banking, and financial products and services. A trusted partner to our clients, we provide corporate and transactional banking; commercial real estate lending and servicing; investment banking; equity; and fixed income solutions including sales, trading, and research capabilities to corporate, commercial real estate, government, and institutional clients across the globe.
Sales & Trading Program Overview
The sales and trading team delivers a comprehensive set of capital market products and solutions to the broader Wells Fargo customer base, ranging from distribution of public debt and equity products to hedging interest rates, commodity and equity risks. You may be placed in one of the following businesses:
- Rates & FX Sales: The Rates & FX team helps companies analyze and manage financial risk related to interest rate and currency exposure. The team provides services including interest rate swaps, caps, collars and other interest rate hedging products; currency forwards, options and other currency risk management tools as well as international payment solutions. Additionally, the team collaborates with colleagues across a variety of disciplines such as trading, credit, compliance, and commercial/corporate banking relationship teams. Together, the team delivers quantitative and qualitative guidance, support, and timely information to help clients develop the best strategies for their risk management and international payment needs.
- Cross Asset Solutions: The Cross Asset Solutions & Strategy team delivers innovative and bespoke solutions for WF Treasury and the firm’s most sophisticated clients across our Commercial, Corporate and Institutional client segments. Our team consists of two segments Quantitative and Structured Solutions. Quantitative Solutions provides value added content for the Macro sales force, by helping to distill accounting and analytics concepts for our clients so that they are better able to identify and hedge balance sheet risks. Structured Solutions provides expertise in a wide range of products including Structured Rates, Accounts Receivables and Structured Notes Origination.
- Commodities: Offers a variety of customized derivative and physical solutions to help our borrowing and institutional clients manage their exposure to commodity price risk. Focus sectors are Energy, Metals, and Agriculture. Products traded include: Crude Oil, Diesel Fuel, Unleaded Gasoline, Natural Gas, Ethane, Propane, Metals, and Agriculture.
- Trading: In collaboration with Sales, Liquidity provider to the Bank’s clients in the Cash and Derivatives markets. Products include Interest Rate Swaps, Interest Rate Options, U.S. Treasuries, Agencies, and Supra Sovereign Bonds. Execution and risk management of transactions are done through voice and electronic modes. The market structure is evolving at rapid pace, and this puts a premium on technology and quality data.
Credit Sales & Trading: Addresses client investment needs and objectives through the distribution and placement of underwritten deals, as well as by providing and facilitating secondary market liquidity and other resources. The Credit Business is comprised of 3 sub businesses:
o High Grade Sales and Trading
o Loan and Distressed Sales and Trading
o High Yield Sales and Trading
Asset Backed Sales and Trading: Conducts market making activity to meet the needs of clients, including Wells Fargo Home Lending. Clients include money managers, REITS, hedge funds, banks, insurance companies, etc. The desks also play a large part in the support of and distribution of new issue origination. The ABF business is comprised of 3 sub businesses:
o RMBS Sales and Trading
o CMBS Sales and Trading
o ABS Sales and Trading
Municipal Sales, Trading, Underwriting & Credit Strategy: This business is dedicated to providing value to both issuer and investor clients. The desk is focused on the origination, trading, and successful distribution of tax-exempt and taxable municipals bonds. Underwriters work closely with issuing clients and investment bankers to help provide financing solutions for municipalities. The trading desk consists of High Grade, High Yield, Electronic, Taxable, & Middle Market trading teams, and these group focus on providing liquidity, trade ideas, and market color to investor clients. Dedicated salespeople focus on the successful distribution of municipal products and delivering valuable trade ideas to top-tier institutional clients nationwide including Mutual Funds, Asset Managers, Insurance Companies, Banks, Hedge Funds and other accounts. Our team of credit strategists ensure the desk and our clients are informed of credit information, news, and other market developments. These teams work closely to ensure Wells Fargo provides the best solutions to our municipal customers.
o Municipal Sales & Trading
o Municipal Derivatives Marketing
- Cash Equities: Delivers innovative trading and risk management solutions across a broad client base. Liquidity, customer service, and actionable ideas are central to our offering. Through our network of high-touch and electronic services we create a platform for idea generation and execution with the main focus on the US equity markets. The platform also provides its US markets execution expertise to the largest institutional investors outside the US, specifically in EMEA and Canada. The business has garnered US market share across all major equity verticals: Investment Banking, Research, Trading and Corporate Access. Our trading team makes markets in 3,500 securities and we are one of the largest liquidity providers among our peers.
- Equity Derivatives: Helps customers effectively maximize financial opportunities, enhance liquidity and manage risk with the help of our broad product and service offerings and operational efficiency. It provides extensive industry expertise and product solutions to support a range of investment strategies, providing liquidity in a variety of derivative products to suit the needs of our clients, mainly index and single stock derivatives, convertibles, and structured products.
- Equity Finance: Serves asset management clients by providing a wide variety of products and services designed to aid in the generation of absolute returns. These services include a centralized securities clearing facility, valued added risk management and exposure tools and reporting, capital introduction services, securities lending, synthetic securities and a wide variety of technology and operational support.
Equity Research Overview
The Equity Research group conducts independent research and analysis on nearly 1,000 public equity securities, maintaining financial projections, investment recommendations, and price targets. The group serves its institutional investor client base by providing differentiated, anticipatory perspectives at the sector, industry, and issuer levels. Wells Fargo’s Equity Research department has been recognized for its expertise, depth, and accuracy of projection by various independent polling organizations.
Financial Resource Management
Global Exchange Trade Services (Futures Commission Merchant (FCM)): Global Exchange Traded Services (FCM) delivers high-quality execution and clearing of futures and options, and the clearing of OTC derivatives to corporate and institutional customers globally. We provide “high-touch” voice brokerage for futures and options, direct market access for self-execution of futures and options, customized clearing services, a single point of contact across cleared OTC and listed futures products. Our mission is to help Wells Fargo customers meet their risk management needs by providing them with effective and convenient access to the derivative markets through full-service execution and clearing of exchange-traded and over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives.
The Summer Analyst Program is designed to provide undergraduate students an in-depth understanding of the day-to-day responsibilities of a full-time team member. Summer analysts receive a comprehensive professional and educational experience through on-the-job training by joining a business group and working alongside team members who are experts in their fields. In addition, the program offers organized activities that allow summer analysts to receive analytical training, meet senior executives, and network with other participants across business lines.
Summer Analysts assume significant responsibility that may include:
- Understanding each clients’ investment strategy and risk appetite to build a long-term relationship with Wells Fargo Corporate & Investment Banking
- Assisting the trading desk in managing risk
- Supporting senior sales representatives in building relationships with our clients
- Pricing and structuring customized investment strategies using conventional cash and derivative products for institutional investors
- Assisting with executing and booking trades
- Using risk management tools to monitor trading positions and risk
- Identifying broader market trends to support the sales and trading desk
- Preparing research and strategy presentations
- Assist in providing analysis for accounts upon request
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships via a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture, both critical to the success of our customers and company. Collectively, we are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Summer Analysts must demonstrate a combination of academic aptitude, analytical skills, personal motivation, distinguished written and verbal communication and presentation skills, excellence in working effectively as an individual and as part of a team, and an ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. It is preferred that your background includes:
- Demonstrated interest in finance
- Ability to quickly evaluate and solve analytical problems in a high-pressure situation
- Ability to apply basic probability and statistical principles to solve problems
- Proven ability to take on significant responsibility and make sound judgments in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to work long hours in a demanding, highly focused, collaborative, and team environment
- Energetic self-starter who is flexible, organized, conscientious, proactive, and detail-oriented
- An individual who demonstrates a sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results
- Dedication to building a career in the financial services industry
- Bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation in December 2022 or May/June 2023
Full-time Analyst Opportunities
Based on outstanding performance, summer analysts may receive an offer to join a business within Corporate & Investment Banking upon receiving their college degree. Prior to starting in an office, analysts participate in a comprehensive training program in Charlotte. The training brings together all the analysts from various lines of business and includes classroom instruction in financial accounting, cash flow, credit analysis, financial modeling, valuation, and market fundamentals.
For more information on Corporate & Investment Banking and our Analyst programs, please visit https://www.wellsfargojobs.com/university-programs.
Wells Fargo will only consider candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who will not require work visa sponsorship from Wells Fargo now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Wells Fargo Corporate & Investment Banking is the trade name for the corporate banking, capital markets and investment banking services of Wells Fargo & Co. and its subsidiaries, including but not limited to Wells Fargo Securities, LLC, member of NYSE, FINRA, NFA and SIPC, Wells Fargo Prime Services, LLC, member of FINRA, NFA and SIPC, and Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. Wells Fargo Securities, LLC and Wells Fargo Prime Services, LLC, are distinct entities from affiliated banks and thrifts.
©2021 Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. All rights reserved. For public use.