When you work at WE, you will find compelling work, global partnerships, worthwhile professional development, outstanding benefits and the opportunity to make a difference. We value those who share our passion and belief in the power of change, discovery and innovation. We invest in our future by creating a fun workplace full of creative, skilled, curious and enthusiastic people. If that sounds like you, we want you here.
Interns at WE are provided professional experience and practice to learn about strategic communications. The agency is committed to providing interns with a valuable experience that will help build a strong foundation for entering the profession. In addition to a structured mentorship program, customized industry and agency training, regular feedback, and networking opportunities, our interns are exposed to a broad variety of projects.
We run paid internship programs in the spring, summer and fall of each year in several North American locations. Eligible candidates must have completed their undergraduate degrees prior to joining the program and must be available to work 40 hours per week. Openings vary by team and location. We review applications on a rolling basis, so check the job listings early and often, and submit your application as soon as you can.
**Please note that due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to contact every candidate individually.
THROUGHOUT THE WE INTERNSHIP, YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
· Understand the significant role that strategic communications can play toward achieving clients’ business objectives.
· Learn WE’s unique methods and practices guiding client contact, influential relationships and strategic communications.
· Learn how the media works, how to build relationships with editors, analysts, and reviewers, and how to identify important influencers to clients.
· Research the basics of clients’ products, PR plans, and teams’ strategies and tactics to help clients tell their stories to their target audiences.
· Work with a WE team to respond to client requests, manage editorial and analyst requests, develop story ideas, pitch stories to journalists and plan for major events.
· Contribute to logistics and preparation of press activities, press or analyst tours, trade-show press meetings, on-site influential visits and other events.
· Participate in the development and distribution of media alerts, press releases and related materials.
· Master working with team members in other locations and incorporate videoconferencing technology.
· Report on relevant coverage.
· Bachelor’s degree is required
· Public Relations Internship experience a plus
· Developed written materials that are organized, professional and concise
· Managed multiple projects simultaneously
Who We Are:
WE is one of the largest communications and integrated marketing agencies in the world. We’re independent, we’re all about our people — both our clients and our employees — and we believe in the power of communications to move audiences to positive action.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping translate complex innovations into powerful, persuasive stories. Our sector expertise across key verticals — including technology, healthcare, consumer, and brand purpose — translates into insights and strategies that are informed, current and credible.
We work with companies that are embracing the ever-evolving digital world to reinvent themselves, to deliver new value to their customers or reach them in new ways and ultimately improve people’s lives.
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow. Women, people of color, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.