We are on the hunt for a detail-oriented, seasoned comms professional with a passion for PC gaming and a deep understanding of the everchanging media landscape. The ideal candidate is authentic, collaborative, and self-motivated, adept at shaping creative stories for a broad gaming audience, from traditional press and analysts, to consumers and influencers operating on platforms like Twitch, Discord, Reddit and YouTube.
As an Account Executive, you’ll play a crucial role in running day-to-day client operations by managing product announcements, monitoring news, crafting messages, and helping to level-up storytelling efforts.
Bonus points if you’ve ever built a gaming rig! Come join the Best Place to Work!
This position can be based out of Portland, OR; Seattle, WA; San Francisco, CA; Austin, Texas; or New York, NY office!
- Establish and growth relationships with key gaming, technology, and consumer media and non-traditional influencers on platforms like Twitch, Reddit and YouTube
- Oversee media management processes (e.g., media lists, monitoring, industry trend identification, client reporting, etc.)
- Leverage client research / data and knowledge of media to identify key themes and trends to develop compelling story angles
- Establish, maintain and grow relationship with clients by contributing to the development and execution of strategic plans and leading discussions or recommendations when appropriate
- Manage client expectations and satisfaction; Support the alignment of internal and external stakeholders
- Serve as a supporting day-to-day point of contact with client
- Provide support for new business opportunities including: research, concept development, presentation build outs, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or related field is preferred, or the equivalent knowledge and/or experience
- 2-3 years of experience in PR, preferably in an agency setting and/or within the high tech or professional services industry
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Strong analytical writing skills
- Experience with written and developed materials, including integrated communication plans, press releases, pitches, and social media content highly desirable.
- Comfortable with integrated communication principles
- Understand the role of the media
- Interest in developing integrated communications skills incorporating digital and social media
- High level of initiative
- Desire to be an engaged, accessible member of a dynamic office and broader global agency community
- Client and business environment: Customer service orientation is a must. Job pressure may exist from requirement of handling multiple tasks
- Experience working globally or with colleagues in multiple locations
- Fast-paced team environment (frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc.)
- Strong presentation and consulting skills along with the ability to read, write and speak English
- May need to work more than 40 hours per week on occasion