Walden Macht & Haran LLP is a litigation boutique in New York City, founded by three former federal prosecutors. The Firm’s practice areas include White Collar Defense, Commercial Litigation, Internal Investigations, and Good Government Work.
This entry-level litigation paralegal position affords candidates significant opportunity to work directly with seasoned attorneys as an integral part of a growing team. The Firm is looking for a self-motivated, hard-working individual to serve as a junior paralegal. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, drafting and proofing of documents, preparation and submission of legal filings, substantive factual and legal research, document analysis and summarization, document database maintenance and coordination, and preparation of binders and other relevant materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with strong academic record (minimum GPA: 3.3)
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong writing and communication skills, with the ability to interact with others in an effective and empathetic manner
- Ability to work independently and function in a role requiring discretion
- High-level aptitude in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Exceptional proofreading and editing skills
- Services-oriented attitude and willingness to carry out tasks necessary to assist the litigation attorneys
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating a positive, proactive attitude, and use of good business judgment
- Flexibility to work overtime and beyond regular business hours to complete assignments
- 2-year commitment to the position
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Cover letters may be addressed to Teresa Lambe, Director of Recruiting and Administration. Candidates should apply directly via Handshake or e-mail a resume, cover letter, transcript, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not contact other members of the Firm regarding the progress or status of your candidacy.
Competitive compensation structure, including 401(k) and discretionary bonus, comprehensive benefits package.
Walden Macht & Haran LLP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an individual with respect to compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual preference, pregnancy, age, disability, national origin, or any other non-relevant criteria. The statements contained in this job description are not necessarily all-inclusive; additional duties may be assigned, and requirements may vary from time to time.