The purpose of the Maintenance Technician position is to maintain the grounds, facility and equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This includes assisting in ensuring compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, as well as established policies and procedures. This also includes working with management and staff to assure a successful maintenance program.
It is the duty of all employees to promote and support a resident centered care environment that ensures the treatment of all residents, family members, visitors, fellow employees and customers with kindness, respect, and dignity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Commits to the Vincentian Collaborative System (VCS) mission to nurture and sustain a ministry of compassionate care that preserves the human dignity of persons within a diverse and changing society.
2. Upholds and promotes the VCS values of spirituality, compassion, quality, dignity, collaboration, advocacy and stewardship.
3. Promotes and supports a resident centered care environment that ensures the treatment of all residents, family members, visitors, fellow employees and customers with kindness, respect, and dignity.
4. Adheres to all facility and department work rules, policies and procedures.
5. Performs a variety of routine maintenance and repair duties in and around the facility.
6. Uses personal protective equipment and supplies as appropriate.
7. Performs maintenance and repair duties in the areas of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Cooling (HVAC), plumbing, electrical, carpentry and mechanical.
8. Assists other staff in the performance of maintenance responsibilities.
9. Performs maintenance duties such as cleaning shop areas; cleaning and maintenance of tools, machinery and vehicles; maintaining vehicle fluid levels; painting equipment and other areas; installing and maintaining facility equipment: shoveling and plowing snow.
10. May perform landscaping, grounds maintenance and other outdoor duties as assigned.
11. According to predetermined schedule, tours the facility to inspect the appearance and/or operation of equipment, machinery, and other facilities.
12. Examines machinery, equipment and surfaces for rust, discoloration, scratches, wear, misalignment, noise, vibration, leakage, possible safety problems, frayed cords, etc.; reports all such defects and makes basic repairs and adjustments.
13. Tests electrical equipment using testing devises and records results.
14. Inspects fie extinguisher and fire systems, corrects deficiencies.
15. Anticipates and acts to maintain a safe environment. Incorporates safety/risk management standards into daily job performance.
16. Performs job functions in a manner that promotes efficient use of resources.
17. Performs all other duties assigned by supervisor.
18. Required to support the organization’s Code of Ethical Conduct and Compliance Program by timely reporting any actual or suspected compliance, fraud and abuse, ethics or policy violations.
1. High school graduate or equivalent required.
2. Current/valid driver’s license required.
3. Minimum of two years building trades and/or building maintenance experience preferred.
Vincentian is an Equal Opportunity Employer