The Woodridge Police Department is hiring immediately for entry-level police officers upon the posting of this Eligibility List.
To apply, please visit: IO Solutions at https://iosolutions.com
Woodridge Police Department Entry Level Testing and Hiring Process Written Test Candidates passing the written test with a score of 70% or better are eligible to continue through the testing process and are included on the Eligibility List. A number of virtual written test sessions are being scheduled for the week of September 5, 2021. Candidates participating tin the written test will be notified via email by IO Solutions of the score received on the test. Candidates who attain a score of 70% or better and who are on the Village’s Eligibility List will receive a copy of the posted Eligibility List. Oral Examination Process The individual oral examination is conducted by an interview panel. Applicants’ eligibility to participate in this phase of the testing process is determined in order of excellence based upon the score obtained on the written examination. Oral interviews will begin in October 2021. If you are contacted to participate in the oral examination process you must accept the time and date provided for the interview in order to continue in the hiring process.
Woodridge Police Department Offers Police Training Academy New officers must attend Basic Training at an accredited academy. They must maintain a passing average AND pass the Comprehensive Examination administered the last week of school. Failure to pass either can result in termination of employment from the Department. Department and Field Training Upon completion of Basic Training, officers return to the Department for 12 to 16 weeks of classroom and practical “on-the-job” training. Officers work with Field Training Officers and are evaluated daily by the Field Training Officers.
Benefits Summary for Police Officers As of January 1, 2021:
- Starting Salary $65,000.00 as of January 1, 2021 with salary increase to $66,310 after completion of field training program (about six months after hire) and annually thereafter.
- Current top salary is $109,116.80.
- Uniforms and Equipment Provided. Uniform allowance provided annually thereafter.
- 12-hour shifts with every other weekend off; shift hours are 6:00 am to 6:00 pm and 6:00 pm to 6:00 am.
- Village Holidays (64 Hours) Per Calendar Year
- Personal Time (32 Hours) Per Calendar Year
- Vacation Time (80 Hours) after One Year of Employment
- Sick Time (8 Hours) Per Month
- Health Insurance Coverage (Village pays 81% of Premium); Dental Insurance Coverage Available Flexible Spending Accounts for Unreimbursed Health Expenses and Dependent Day Care Expenses Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Interest Free Computer Loan Program (Eligible after 6 months of employment)
- Police Pension Fund and Voluntary Deferred Compensation Plans