VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG
Human Resources Department
101 Schaumburg Court
Schaumburg, IL 60193
The Village of Schaumburg is a thriving community of 75,936 residents located 12 miles west of O’Hare International Airport and approximately 26 miles northwest of the City of Chicago. The community is the base of the second largest concentration of retail, office and commercial activity in the state of Illinois. Of special distinction, the village was recently named one of the “Top Ten Best Places to Live” by Money Magazine, is ranked No. 5 overall in WalletHub’s “Best Illinois Cities for Jobs” and, for the fifth year in a row, received the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) for meeting the highest principles of governmental budgeting.
The village employs approximately 600 employees in a variety of departments within the organization, such as police, fire, public works, engineering, finance, human resources, cultural services, community development, information technology, and transportation. Our employees work to serve the residents and strive to make Schaumburg the best community it can be.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Maintenance Assistant (Engineering & Public Works) part-time with an online application deadline of 06/13/2021.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $18.04 – $20.48 per hour working up to 19 hours per week. Salary dependent on qualifications. The salary range for this position is $18.04 – $26.70.
Please attach as part of your application all necessary documents verifying that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
This position usually performs manual work of an unskilled nature. Work consists of assisting staff in the maintenance and repair of Village infrastructure, buildings, grounds and facilities. This position may also perform semi-skilled mechanical labor as well as custodial work. If assigned to Inventory Control, this position performs parts and material ordering for all divisions of the Engineering and Public Works Department. Work consists of performing tasks in an Inventory Control capacity through proper order management and auditing procedures through our Inventory control and Fleet programs. This position may also perform semi-skilled mechanical labor as well as facility asset management, inventory procurement and material management.
To succeed in this role applicants will need to effectively communicate to people inside and outside the organization and demonstrate self-awareness. We are looking for a team member that can prioritize requests and responsibilities with accuracy and in safety.
1. Education equivalent to a high school diploma.
2. A minimum of six months of general maintenance or related experience.
3. Possession of a valid State of Illinois Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or ability to obtain within twelve months from date of hire.
4. Proficiency with current computer software systems, including email, calendar programs, job specific software, and customer service systems preferred or within the first six months of employment.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Physical strength and agility sufficient to do strenuous laboring tasks under varying weather conditions. Ability to lift and move 75 pounds or more on a frequent basis.
2. Willingness to work manual labor under adverse environmental conditions.
3. Subject to frequently changing walking surfaces.
4. Frequent and/or prolonged bending, stooping, standing, pulling, pushing, or reaching.
5. Occasionally works at heights/depths of 10 to 60 feet above or below ground.
6. Subject to extremes of temperature for prolonged periods or abrupt changes in temperature.
7. Subject to inclement weather conditions.
8. Subject to fumes and disagreeable odors.
9. Subject to extended periods of isolation.
10. Subject to high levels of noise for an extended period of time.
11. Subject to working in wet, dirty, dusty, hot, humid and/or cold conditions in high vehicle traffic areas.
Part-Time employees are not eligible for benefits.
Candidate screening process may consist of an application review, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference checks, and other job-related testing or verifications. Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation, and qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug screen.
THE VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER