IT Intern – VANTAGE Aging
We are a passionate team dedicated to serving our mission to support older adults by providing the opportunity to live a healthy life and age with independence, purpose and dignity. We have a collaborative, community-centered culture and actively focus on creating a diverse, inclusive workplace. Our team is committed to creating a welcoming, friendly environment where our differences make us stronger.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply – you are welcome here!
VANTAGE Aging is seeking a motivated IT Intern to assist with our internal helpdesk, hardware and software updates, and other supporting tasks within the department. This role is temporary from August to November with the potential for long-term employment.
- Support the IT team in maintaining hardware, software, and other systems
- Assist with troubleshooting issues and provide technical support through our internal helpdesk
- Organize and maintain IT resources
- Lend IT support in areas such as cybersecurity, programming, analytics, and data center management
- Other duties as needed
- Computer Science, Information Technology, or Management Information Systems major
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Gain hands-on experience in an IT position
- Shadowing and training experiences with knowledgeable professionals
- Flexible schedule for students
- Competitive compensation
Location: Akron, Ohio
Job Level: Entry-level (Associates degree or Jr/Sr level in Bachelors)
Reports to: Director of IT
Compensation: Competitive hourly rate
Wellness: We take wellness seriously. Vantage runs programs throughout the year to provide employees with the tools, skills, and knowledge they need to live a healthy life. From talking financial wellness to taking a lunchtime walk with the CEO, we meet our goals together!
Vantage is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, military status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.