VanDyk Mortgage is a multi-state Mortgage Banker, focusing exclusively on residential mortgages, refinancing, and purchasing. Named as one of the 50 best mortgage corporations to work for, we have been organized to promote the highest standards of the mortgage industry and we recognize that our employees set the very foundation by which this goal can be reached.
VanDyk Mortgage is looking for a customer service oriented and organized individual to join our team as a Processor at our branch office in Mason, Ohio.
Prepare and process mortgage loan files from processing submission through funding which involves preparing and obtaining loan documents such as credit documents, property items, etc., in order to complete loan files. The Processor will also maintain and update records and files for processing of each loan, verifying for accuracy and completeness.
- Audit file for structure and documents using the file required checklists and forms.
- Advise Loan Officers of loan status and any items that may be needed from them.
- Contact borrower for any items needed from them.
- Order (or delegate) any missing documents that are needed for underwriting, such as:
- o Payoff statements
- o Title commitment and attachments
- o Homeowners Insurance
- o Paystubs or other income documents
- o Verification of Employment, verbal or full written if needed
- o Verification of Deposit with one month bank statement or full two months statements
- o FHA case number, CAIVRS, LDP, GSA, VA case number and VA eligibility
- Submit Loan to Underwriting when enough information is in the file for a credit approval.
- Work with underwriting, the Loan Officers and the borrower to obtain approval.
- Review underwriting approval for accuracy of rate, term and program.
- Once approved, send copy of the approval to the Loan Officers.
- Work with the Loan Officers to be sure the Good Faith Estimate is updated and accurate.
- Check Truth in Lending with revised GFE for Mortgage Disclosure Improvement Act compliance, and reissue if necessary.
- Work with the borrower and Loan Officers to collect conditions.
- Send conditions to Underwriting to obtain clear to close utilizing required checklists and forms.
- Set and request closing per investor guidelines.
Processor Key Skills/Characteristics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic and compliance will all management requirements for loan flow.
- Excellent customer service skills with clients and applicants to ensure customer retention.
- Ability to learn quickly and effectively.
- Proficient organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work in a team, or individually with limited supervision.
- Must be able to delegate responsibilities to any assistant and review their work to confirm accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to communicate with their team the status of files on a daily basis and demonstrate strong organizational skills
Processor Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- College Degree preferred
- Software competence including loan origination software, MS word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet.
- At least 1 year RECENT mortgage processing experience.
- Encompass experience a plus.
- Training will be provided for the right candidate
We offer an excellent benefit package
To apply, please complete application and provide a resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer