Inpatient Nurse Resident – Fall 2022
Madison, WI, United States
Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking an Inpatient Nurse Resident to:
- Join our prestigious 12-month program which is designed to help New Graduate Registered Nurses move confidently into practice following graduation from an accredited nursing program.
- Be hired in a wide range of clinical practice areas which include both adult and pediatric patient populations. Clinical practice areas include inpatient (medical, surgical, critical care, psychiatric) emergency department and surgical services including the OR.
- As a New Graduate RN, experience an orientation designed specifically for new to practice nurses which includes mentoring by preceptors and clinical nurse specialists.
- Participate in monthly nurse resident classes with their cohort. You will meet with clinical experts and problem-solve clinical challenges and learn more about resources to support your practice.
The Post-Baccalaureate Nurse Residency Program at UW Health is part of a national initiative developed by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing and Vizient and is one of 40 Nurse Residency Programs accredited through the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) in the United States.
Please note: We only offer an Inpatient Program for Fall 2022. Prior to submitting your application, please review the Inpatient program information for more details. Prior to submitting an application, please refer to the detailed information found at https://careers.uwhealth.org/nurse-residency-program/.
Please submit the following items:
- Online Application
- Current Unofficial Academic Transcript
- Supplemental application
- Goal Statement
The goal statement is an essay that includes the following components:
- What led you to nursing?
- What have you learned in nursing school that you will bring to your nursing practice?
- Why are you interested in the UW Health Nurse Residency Program?
- UW Health is committed to becoming more diverse and inclusive as a healthcare provider and workplace. How would you contribute to this?
Minimum – Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) completed within the previous 12 months. Continued employment is contingent upon completion of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (BSN) within six (6) years of starting the Nurse Residency Program.
Preferred – Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (BSN) completed within the previous 12 months.
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum – Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of Wisconsin. Basic Life Support/CPR.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
UW Health is committed to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Our integrity shines through in patient care interactions and our daily work practices as we work to embrace the knowledge, unique perspectives and qualities each employee and faculty member brings to work each day. Applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals, LGBTQ+ and non-binary identities, women, persons with disabilities, military service members and veterans are strongly encouraged. EOE, including disability/veterans.
90/100% FTE. 8/12-hour day/evening or day/night shifts with weekend rotation required. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
American Family Children’s Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin—also a Magnet®-designated facility—provides specialized care in a healing environment designed especially for pediatric patients and their families. American Family Children’s Hospital is a comprehensive pediatric medical and surgical center, with nationally recognized pediatric specialists in a wide range of fields. It is also home to our Level One Pediatric Trauma Center and Level IV NICU, which cares for the tiniest patients throughout Wisconsin and beyond.
UW Health East Madison Hospital – is UW Health’s newest hospital and one of the most advanced hospitals and wellness centers in the country. Here, health care is seen as a holistic endeavor where our mission is to not only diagnose and treat you when you’re sick, but also to partner with you in health and wellness.