Join UW Health, the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking an Inpatient Nurse Resident to:
- Join our prestigious 12-month program which is designed to help New Graduate Registered Nurses move confidently into practice following graduation from an accredited nursing program.
- Be hired in a wide range of clinical practice areas which include both adult and pediatric patient populations. Clinical practice areas include inpatient (medical, surgical, critical care, psychiatric) emergency department and surgical services including the OR.
- As a New Graduate RN, experience an orientation designed specifically for new to practice nurses which includes mentoring by preceptors and clinical nurse specialists.
- Participate in monthly nurse resident classes with their cohort. You will meet with clinical experts and problem-solve clinical challenges and learn more about resources to support your practice.
The Post-Baccalaureate Nurse Residency Program at UW Health is part of a national initiative developed by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing and Vizient and is one of 32 Nurse Residency Programs accredited through the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) in the United States.
Prior to submitting an application, please refer to the detailed information found at https://careers.uwhealth.org/nurse-residency-program/
Please submit the following items:
- Online application with resume and a transcript
- Supplemental application
- Goal statement
The goal statement is an essay that includes the following components:
- What led you to nursing?
- What have you learned in nursing school that you will bring to your nursing practice?
- Why are you interested in the UW Health Nurse Residency Program?
- What do you hope to achieve/accomplish in your first two years as a new nurse?
Fall 2021 Nurse Residency application materials are due by June 15th, 2021. The start date for this position is October 25th, 2021.
Applications received after June 15th, 2021 will be reviewed for admission based on continued program openings. As we process applications for the program on an ongoing basis, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
UW Health is committed to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Our integrity shines through in patient care interactions and our daily work practices as we work to embrace the knowledge, unique perspectives and qualities each employee and faculty member brings to work each day. Applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals, women, and LGBTQ+ and non-binary identities are strongly encouraged. EOE, including disability/vets.
Work Schedule: 90/100% FTE, 8/12-hour shifts, Day/Evening or Day/Night rotation with weekend rotation. Hours could vary to assist with the operational needs of each department.
UW Health offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
Minimum – Baccalaureate accredited degree in nursing within the last six-months. Nursing GPA of 3.0 or above.
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum – Permanent Registered Nurse license in the State of Wisconsin prior to start date. BLS Certification.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Excellent communication skills.
Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting/and or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
American Family Children’s Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin—also a Magnet®-designated facility—provides specialized care in a healing environment designed especially for pediatric patients and their families. American Family Children’s Hospital is a comprehensive pediatric medical and surgical center ranked among the top 50 children’s hospitals in seven medical and surgical specialties, with nationally recognized pediatric specialists in a wide range of fields. It is also home to our Level One Pediatric Trauma Center and Level IV NICU, which cares for the tiniest patients throughout Wisconsin and beyond.
UW Health at The American Center – on Madison’s east side – is UW Health’s newest hospital and one of the most advanced hospitals and wellness centers in the country. Here, health care is seen as a holistic endeavor where our mission is to not only diagnose and treat you when you’re sick, but also to partner with you in health and wellness.