Help the Division of Information Technology at the University of Wisconsin Madison, keep watch over its hundreds of IT systems and networks by applying to become a Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician. We are the ones paying attention at all hours of the day and night, 24/7/365, to ensure successful delivery of critical IT services and network connectivity.
Knowledge and Skills Required
* Operational knowledge or equivalent education of:
– Gigabit Ethernet network hardware, architecture, design, and operation
– Local Area Network and Wide Area Network/ATM hardware, architecture, design, and operation
– Various UNIX, Linux and Windows Operating Systems
– Network troubleshooting tools such as Ping and Traceroute
– (For Senior level placement-professional experience required).
*Possess a customer service oriented attitude with service partners, a commitment to equity, inclusivity and diversity within the workforce and effective interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
We are hiring two positions to work a combination of second and third shifts. Among other great benefits, pay differential and pay progression policies apply for these positions.