The mission of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
Performs phlebotomy procedures in a competent manner
- Demonstrates competency via direct observation and assessment for the following phlebotomy procedures:
- Central Venous Catheter Blood Collection
- Arterial Puncture
- Blood Culture Collection for Bottles and Isolator Tubes
- Bleeding Time
- Isolation Room Procedures
- Age-Specific Skills
- Completes assignments without undue reliance on others.
- Achieves productivity standard of the section.
- Assists with problem-solving.
- Attends continuing educational programs.
- Assists with the training of new hires and students
Adheres to applicable policies, procedures, and protocols
- Performs all phlebotomy procedures in accordance with the section’s procedure manual.
- Accurately identifies patients and collects the correct specimens.
- Maintains specimen integrity by collecting and transporting specimens in a timely manner.
- Completes records (electronic and paper) and files as appropriate.
- Assists co-workers as required.
Complies with all safety policies
- Assists in ensuring a safe environment for patients, co-workers, and visitors.
- Utilizes all equipment and supplies in a manner that ensures safety to patients, co-workers and self.
- Wears protective attire and personal protective equipment in accordance with regulatory, institutional, and divisional requirements.
- Participates in all required safety training.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent and enrollment in a phlebotomy program.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
- Requisition ID: 139951
- Employment Status: Temporary
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Hard
- Pivotal Position: No
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 27,040
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 31,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 34,800
- Science Jobs: No