The Genetics department is a basic science department located in the George and Cynthia Mitchell Basic Sciences Research Building at the world-renowned University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in the heart of the Texas Medical Center. The focus is on advancing knowledge of the molecular genetic mechanisms that regulate normal and abnormal cellular processes.
The overall function is to provides routine technical assistance in performing assigned duties of various research projects which directly impacts cancer research efforts with the Department of Genetics.
This role includes physical duties such as lifting, standing, stocking shelves and traveling between labs on different floors.
- Assists in preparing laboratory reagents, equipment and supplies for experiments.
- Prepares stock solutions for general lab use.
- Cleans and organizes work areas, lab equipment, refrigerators and freezers as required.
- Stocks supplies
- Basic administrative tasks.
- Performs other related laboratory tasks as required.
Preferred: Associate’s degree.
Required: Six months laboratory experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
- Requisition ID: 140202
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Soft
- Pivotal Position: No
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 27,040
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 32,500
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 37,800
- Science Jobs: Yes