Due to continued growth of our program, we are searching for a new Specialist, Scientific Communications to provide impeccable scientific and technical communications support for manuscripts and publications, GTP Director needs, communications workshops, abstracts and conference presentations, varied written and illustrated content across the ~300 person Gene Therapy Program and Orphan Disease Center, and specific administrative needs.
As a Specialist, Scientific Communications, you will work in a Communications Team to provide outstanding technical, editorial, and creative design support across a dynamic organization. You will work closely with senior leaders at the GTP/ODC, including Research Directors, in order to develop professional content ready for publication and distribution. Fundamental aspects of the position include:
(1) Manuscript and Publication Support: Format documents, direct manuscript workflow and approvals, liaise with journal staff, maintain records, prepare weekly reports for the GTP Director and others, copyedit, provide feedback to new authors (e.g. graduate students), review proofs, develop template resources for scientific writing, assist first authors with figure preparation.
(2) GTP Director Support: Create custom illustrations, edit movie clips, prepare slides, polish presentations, complete prize nominations and other narrative documents, and assemble grants.
(3) Workshops and Communications Development: Design and deliver instructional workshops for technical & scientific writing and specific software resources.
(4) Abstracts and Conference Presentation Support: Direct abstract and presentation workflow and approvals, maintain records, organize centralized abstract submission for large conferences, liaise with conference staff, copyedit submissions as needed and develop template resources for posters and slides.
(5) GTP/ODC Varied Support: Develop informational content (infographics, brochures, standard program slide decks, etc), design special event media, and draft press releases as necessary.
(6) Communications Administrative Support: Staff translational weekly research mtg, research/implement new software relevant to Communications Team needs. For assigned programs and processes, execute data collection and analysis to support continuous improvement, implement and maintain organizational records, develop professional organizational messaging.
Qualified candidates will have a record of communication excellence, teamwork, and strong background in the biological sciences.