PT Adjunct Faculty
The University of Detroit Mercy College of Engineering & Science invites applications for a part-time adjunct instructor position to provide instruction on ethical theory as a co-teacher with Engineering faculty for Engineering Ethics.
The successful candidate will be an effective and enthusiastic student-centered teacher, engaging in best practices for active learning and student success, with a demonstrated commitment to supporting a diverse population of students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(1) Implement effective teaching strategies that foster active student learning while creating an inclusive, respectful, supportive, and welcoming learning environment for all students.
(2) Be committed to engaging a variety of strategies to support student success. Be available to provide support and assistance to students outside of class. Treat each student respectfully and supportively.
(3) Provide students a course syllabus consistent with University and Department guidelines that provides clear expectations to students, particularly regarding grading and course policies.
(4) Review University/College policies and guideline with Asst. Dean and Chair and adhere to these.
(5) Bring any incidents of Academic Integrity to the attention of the Asst. Dean.
(6) Grade and return written work to students in a timely manner. Maintain appropriate records of students’ assessments. Submit mid-term and final grades by the scheduled deadlines.
(7) Refer at-risk students to Asst. Dean and appropriate University support services.
(8) Notify the Asst. Dean and Chair as soon as possible if by an unavoidable circumstance you are unable to meet scheduled class session.
(9) All other duties as assigned.
A minimum of a master’s degree in Philosophy, Ethics, and/or history of technology is required. Instruction can be in-person or online.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Materials should include a curriculum vitae or resume.
Review of applications begins immediately and continues while instructional need warrants.