HR Generalist – Recruiting / Hiring
The HR Generalist is responsible for providing superior customer service to both our internal and external customers by demonstrating in-depth knowledge of, adhering to and ensuring compliance to HR standards, company policies and procedures, legal requirements, recruiting and hiring, and support of training and development. This role is primarily accountable for recruiting, hiring, onboarding, milestone awards and announcements, and development initiatives, in addition to providing backup for ADP payroll (domestic and international) and benefit administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Oversee the organization’s recruiting, interviewing and hiring process in partnership with Department Managers.
· Manage and continually improve the organization’s onboarding program.
· Conduct introductory period surveys to ensure a smooth training/orientation process and exit interviews for quality assurance purposes.
· Assist with the oversight and scheduling of new employee training.
· Oversee the 90-day review program to ensure acclimation and quality training of new hires. Integrate with the onboarding process.
· Cultivate employee engagement through onboarding plans that immerse Employees and Leadership into the UCFS culture.
BACKUP TO PAYROLL/BENEFITS
· Backup payroll processor for ADP Payroll processing for USA, United Kingdom, Italy and Australia.
· May become backup for Benefits Administration. Assist employees with questions throughout the year as needed.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Ability to work effectively and accurately in a busy, fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with frequent interruptions.
· Ability to support and maintain confidential relationships, processes and information.
· Ability to communicate effectively on the phone and in person.
· Ability to work effectively and provide ongoing HR support for employees and internal customers.
· Ability to recognize and streamline outdated or inefficient processes.
· Ability to work quickly in accordance with organizational time constraints.
· Ability to write ads, correspond with candidates, send out promotional announcements, etc.
· Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations.
· Ability to understand and follow UCFS policies, procedures and guidelines.
· Ability to promote a positive, forward-thinking work environment for current and prospective employees.
· Proficiency with a computer, standard office equipment and computer programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Internet/search engine savvy.
· BA in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Development or similar field preferred.
· Certifications to include PHR, PHR, SHRM-CP, etc. preferred.
· 2+ years’ experience in a Human Resources capacity.
· Solid knowledge of Human Resources concepts, processes, procedures and legal regulations.
This position operates in a professional office environment at UCFS offices in Westlake, Ohio.
This is typically a full-time position, which is defined as being scheduled to work 40 hours or more per week. UCFS is open for operation 7 days a week, and most holidays. HR staff may be called upon to adjust schedules for evening and weekend meetings.