HJF is seeking a Research Specialist to support the laboratory of Dr. Christopher Broder within the Department of Microbiology (MIC) located at the Uniformed Services University (USU) in Bethesda, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to the MIC.
Responsible for coordinating SOPs for COVID-19 antibody testing and standardize SOPs for COVID-19 breakthrough surveillance in the laboratory of Dr. Christopher Broder in the Department of Microbiology at the Uniformed Services University. This individual will also interface with the IDCRP data operations team.
Performs research and/or development in collaboration with other scientific and technical staff. Exercises technical discretion in the design, execution, and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project strategies. Performs analysis and interpretation of results.
- May assist with bench work, to include planning, conducting, and completing investigations under supervision. (20%)
- Assists with the statistical analysis of results, developing figures for manuscript writing and preparation. (20%)
- Interpret serology data and generate weekly results to data operations for integration into RedCap. (20%)
- Maintains the serology data dictionary. (20%)
- Documents current or new procedures or protocols for sample selection, data collection, data processing, and/or statistical estimation. (20%)
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of complex laboratory procedures; ability to meet deadlines of projects; good communication and analytical skills. Knowledge of REDcap, Oracle or other databases, data dictionary management and database operations.
Minimum Education: Master’s degree is required.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: 0-2 years of relevant work experience required.
Work Environment: Set in a laboratory work environment.
Background/Security: Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Tier I investigation/Public Trust and a Common Access Card (CAC).
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.