HJF is seeking a Research Assistant II (COVID-19) to support the Department of Pediatrics located at the Uniformed Services University (USU) in Bethesda Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to the Pediatric Department.
Performs research and/or development in collaboration with others for projects. Provides laboratory and technical support to senior technical and professional staff. Solves problems of standard complexity in carrying out research projects in a clinical or laboratory environment.
- Maintains compliance with established laboratory safety and other procedures. Ensures the proper disposal of infectious and hazardous materials. (20%)
- Applies quality control measures as outlined/required by the protocol. Provides basic data analysis. (20%)
- Performs laboratory research projects, including collection and organization of data, and maintaining databases. Makes detailed observations on experiments. (20%)
- Assists in the preparation of reports, publications, and presentations.
- Follows instructions and standard operating procedures to perform expected tasks. May provide basic instruction to other lab staff.
- Manages murine colonies: including breeding, genotyping and organization (20%)
- Coordination of laboratory resources and purchasing of supplies (20%)
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of standard laboratory techniques; ability to follow general instructions; good communication and analytical skills
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Sciences, or Medicine.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: 3-5 years of relevant work experience is required
Work Environment: Set in an office and laboratory work environment,
Background/Security: Must have lived in the U.S. 3 out of the past 5 years; eligible to obtain and maintain a Tier I investigation/ Public Trust and a Common Access Card (CAC).
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.