HJF is seeking a Research Assistant I to support the Center for Neuroscience and Regenerative Medicine (CNRM) located at the Rockledge Office in Bethesda, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to CNRM.
Performs research and/or development in collaboration with others for projects. Works to enroll participants in remote protocols including recruitment, scheduling, consenting, and data collection. Solves less complex problems in carrying out research projects in a remote clinical setting.
- Performs research project tasks, including participant screening and enrollment, as well as the collection and organization of study data. Follows instructions and standard operating procedures. (30%)
- Performs data entry in accurate, timely, and efficient manner. Maintains clear and accurate data collection records and inventories in accordance with Good Clinical and/or Good Laboratory practices. (30%)
- Completes remote informed consent for CNRM protocols over telephone and internet. (20%)
- Creates, collects, disseminates, and maintains appropriate study documentation including research data and regulatory documentation. (10%)
- Assists in the preparation of technical reports, summaries, and protocols. Creates and communicates detailed observations on experiments. (10%)
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Basic knowledge of research guidelines and good clinical practice in a research setting; ability to follow detailed instructions; good communication and analytical skills.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree is required.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: Minimum 0-2 years of relevant work experience required.
Work Environment: Set in a laboratory work environment.
Background/Security: Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Tier I investigation/Public Trust and a Common Access Card (CAC).
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.