HJF is seeking a Research Assistant I to support the Biochemistry Department located at the Uniformed Services University (USU) in Bethesda, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to Biochemistry Department.
Performs research and/or development in collaboration with others for projects. Provides laboratory and technical support to senior technical and professional staff. Solves less complex problems in carrying out research projects in a clinical or laboratory environment.
- Performs research projects, including the collection and organization of data. Follows instructions and standard operating procedures. (30%)
- Performs data entry in accurate, timely, and efficient manner. Maintains clear and accurate data collection records and inventories in accordance with Good Clinical and/or Good Laboratory practices. (30%)
- Maintains supplies in the laboratory and ensures proper cleanliness and sanitation in accordance with Good Clinical and/or Good Laboratory practices. (15%)
- Creates, collects, disseminates, and maintains appropriate study data. (20%)
- Assists in the preparation of technical reports, summaries, and protocols. Creates and communicates detailed observations on experiments. (5%)
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of standard laboratory techniques; ability to follow detailed instructions; good communication and analytical skills.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences required.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: Minimum 0-2 years of relevant work experience required.
Work Environment: Set in a laboratory work environment.