HJF is seeking a Program Coordinator to support the Scientific and Product Development Divisions, within the Enteric Diseases Department (EDD), located at the Naval Medical Research Center (NMRC) in Silver Spring, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to the Enteric Diseases Department. US citizenship is required.
Provides administrative and scientific project oversight and support of a narrower scope under the direction of a supervisor. Coordinates budget and accounting, meetings management, project management, contracts, and purchasing. Completes more routine tasks independently and Tasks delegated by Senior Program Manager.
- Under supervision, manages complex project logistics and activities to ensure adherence to scope of work. Tracks outcomes and trends of programs. Assists in ensuring all required reports are completed and submitted on time. Maintains archive of documents required to support pre/post award management. Manages meeting and captures meeting minutes. (45%)
- Assists with overseeing and managing collection, maintenance, analysis, and evaluation of data used in study reports, grant submissions, new protocols, presentations, and publications. (45%)
- Communicates with internal staff and external customers. Negotiates with vendors and obtains quotes for equipment. (5%)
- Provides administrative support under the direction of a supervisor such as purchasing, and tracking progress. (5%)
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of organizational objectives, the federal budget process, office automation; ability to work completely independently, use sound judgement in solving problems, and coordinate many complex systems and programs simultaneously. Knowledge of project management principles, and good communications skills. Background in scientific discipline.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in scientific related field required.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: Minimum 0-2 years of relevant work experience required.
Work Environment: Set in an office work environment.
Background/Security: U.S. citizenship required; eligible to obtain and maintain a Tier III Investigation/ Secret Clearance and Common Access Card (CAC).
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Bachelors or better.
Less than 2 years: Minimum 0-2 years of relevant work experience required.