Overview: The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit is seeking applicants for a full time Generalist Clerk.
This individual performs various functions, and is responsible for assisting in maintaining, and
processing case information during the initial filing of documents, in accordance with approved
internal controls, procedures and rules. The incumbent receives and reviews incoming court
documents for conformity with federal and local rules, assists with case initiation, and performs
customer service for the purpose of providing procedural information, and collecting court fees.
• Assist in the receipt and review of incoming documents to determine conformity with appropriate
rules, practices, and/or court requirements. Route electronic and paper documents to the proper
offices, and/or staff, after acceptance.
• Assist in the collection of appropriate fees, and assign case numbers.
• Act as receptionist and provide information to a wide variety of people within and outside the
court. Assist in entering documents, and proceedings on the docket, and create/update matrix
• Record and assist with the orderly flow of judicial proceedings using both in-person and remote courtroom technology.
• Accurately sort, classify, and file case records, and maintain the integrity of the filing system.
• Retrieve files and make copies of records for court personnel, attorneys, and others.
• Assist in the preparation, and shipping of records to the appropriate Federal Records
Center, and retrieve records from centers when needed.
• To qualify for the position of Generalist Clerk, the applicant must possess a 4 year degree from an
accredited college or university in an accepted field of academic study.
• Experience in the use of P.C.’s and software applications, including Zoom video-conferencing technology.
• Proven ability to solve problems, think independently, and work cooperatively in a team/office environment.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, and attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
Please visit our website for more details: http://www.ca7.uscourts.gov/vacancy-announcements/positions/Generalist_Clerk_2021.pdf