Trinity School is seeking a qualified Upper School Learning Specialist interested in joining a developing team that aims to strengthen the services available to our community. Ideal candidates would have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Special Education, one to three years’ teaching experience in the field, and an excellent understanding of tailoring learning plans to students’ unique needs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Understands a variety of learning challenges and instinctively responds to address those concerns.
- Serves as student Case Manager by developing and implementing student Accommodation Plans, running follow-up meetings, and tracking progress for grades 8-10.
- Runs Math, Humanities, and Executive Functioning intervention groups.
- Teaches small groups of students who need curricular support.
- Has an understanding and passion for modifying and re-teaching content.
- Develops natural and vibrant relationships with lower and middle school learners, approaching instruction with grace, flexibility, understanding, and empowerment.
- Collaborates and forms strong relationships with parents, faculty, and administration.
- Provides faculty with resources, strategies, and supports to accommodate and modify instruction for students with learning differences.
- Helps organize, track, and apply for the ACT and SAT standardized accommodations.
- Finds creative solutions that uphold positive learning environments.
- Provides on-going assessment to monitor and evaluate student growth.
- Be a flexible, collaborative, and driven worker: a team member who goes above and beyond to support the vision and mission of Trinity.
- Values inclusion, equity, and a person-first practice of support.
- Remains informed of current research and effective practices for students with learning and attention disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Special Education
- Current Teacher’s License is desired.
- A mature Christian faith and believes that part of their Christian mission is to form, shape, and love struggling students.
- Easily connects with various age groups.
- Has an understanding and strong ability to convey material to struggling learners.
- Has the ability to create a safe and supportive learning environment that helps students feel successful.