Vocational Rehabilitation Intern
Tommy Nobis Center Mission: Empowering People Through Employment
Vision: Tommy Nobis Center envisions supportive communities where people with disabilities are afforded the opportunity to work.
- In consultation with the participant, and other appropriate interested parties, determines an appropriate vocational goal and develop and approves a mutually agreed upon Individualized Plan for Employment to achieve the established vocational plan.
- Counsels and supports participants in their movement toward job placement.
- Identifies participant and agency responsibilities, approves and authorizes services to be provided, and similar benefits to be utilized to achieve the rehabilitation plan.Maintains, evaluates and documents participant progress through the vocational rehabilitation process and makes appropriate rehabilitation plan amendments to enhance the opportunity for their success.
- Generates correspondence as needed within CWDS.
- Promotes job placement through participant development of employment ‘soft skills’, referral to job openings, and through development of positive employer relationships.
- Follows up with the participant after job placement to determine the appropriateness of case closure.
- Prepares case records and reports in accordance with current policy and procedures.
- Enters case notes into CWDS in a timely manner so they can be viewed/shared.
- As necessary, provides technical and professional assistance concerning agency programs, procedures and services to employers and other community agencies.
- Works closely with the youth program (EYES) and assist with Med-waiver clients.
(*Become a team member of an organization recognized for excellence in culture; 2019-2020 awards include Atlanta’s Best & Brightest Places To Work, Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Top Workplace and Atlanta Business Chronicle’s Diversity & Inclusion Award)
Tommy Nobis Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Drugs Don’t Work worksite and a participant in e-Verify.