FULL TIME DEPUTY CLERK
CRIMINAL / TRAFFIC DIVISION
TOLEDO MUNICIPAL CLERK OF COURT
Third shift position in the Criminal / Traffic Division of the Clerk’s Office. Updates cases in Clerk’s case management system. Processes all incoming filings and requests.
Must have professional appearance and demeanor. Must work well with other court employees.
May be assigned to help with other areas of the Clerk’s office, depending on workload and staffing requirements.
Directly reports to the Floor Supervisor of the Criminal / Traffic Division.
Hours of Work
This is a full time position where the employee will work 10 hours per day, four days per week. Regular shift hours will be from 8:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. Thursday through Sunday.
• Data Entry in Clip Stations 1, 2 and 3
• Remove warrants from computer
• Sort scan and file cases from various locations
• Set up new cases
• Other work as required
• High school graduate or the equivalent
• Satisfactory criminal record check
• Excellent attendance, tardiness and disciplinary record
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
• Ability to carry out oral and written instructions with attention to detail
• Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other court personnel,
police officers, and the general public
• Ability to perform varied data-entry tasks and type 30+ wpm
• Indoors in a busy environment with an exposure to noise, heat and cold
• Frequently work at a fast pace with unscheduled interruptions
• Standing, Stooping, Bending, and Reaching
• Mobility among various locations within the Safety and Court Buildings
• Carrying up to 25 lbs of weight on an occasional basis
• Knowledge of court procedures
• Knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel and Windows
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee. Job responsibilities are subject to change based upon the needs of the office.
Rate of Pay
Start Rate 14.18
After Probation 15.84
After 2 years 16.19
After 3 years 17.23
After 4 years 18.24
After 7 years 19.26
After 10 years 20.26
- 2 weeks of Vacation time is earned after one full year of service.
- 7 hours of sick time is accrued on a monthly basis.
- Health benefits are provided through the City of Toledo. The monthly premium for single employee coverage is $94 per month; single employee plus one dependent is $160; and family coverage is $166.