Finance Assistant – we need your eye for detail and organization!
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the Unites States, the United Kingdom, Spain and Ireland, transacting business in approximately 180 countries and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Tokio Marine HCC products and capabilities set the standard for the industry, and many of the Company’s over 3,000 employees are industry-leading experts.
Do your organizational skills and reliability make a positive difference for others?
Do you notice numbers and details that others miss?
Do you enjoy the challenge of juggling multiple projects and priorities?
We have an exciting career opportunity for a Finance Assistant at our Surety Group office located in Los Angeles, CA.
The Finance Assistant will conduct various accounting tasks that support the Treasury & Finance team.
Performance Objectives and Timeline
- During the first 30 days: Learn Surety Group financial systems such as PeopleSoft, GSA (Policy Admin System), and Filebound (incoming payments log system). Learn our Surety Group organizational structure.
- During the first 3 months: Prepare journal entries. Prepare bank reconciliations, identify discrepancies and resolve variances. Prepare and calculate claim-related billings on a bi-weekly basis. Monitor and record payments received in the accounting ledger.
- During the first 6 months and beyond: Initiate outgoing payments such as wire transfers, ACHs, and intercompany settlements. Monitor and reconcile the Treasury accounting system to ensure all banking activities are recorded accurately in the general ledger in time for the monthly close.
Experience & Education Qualifications
- Previous experience handling cash receipts
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
- Education: we prefer a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field, or the equivalent education or experience
· Success Characteristics
- Self-motivated, proactive and detail-oriented
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete various tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work efficiently, accurately and calmly under deadline pressure
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Because this is a cash-sensitive position, a background credit check will be conducted on an annual basis.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter including pay range expectations.
Tokio Marine HCC offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. Tokio Marine HCC and its subsidiaries are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.