Are you looking to take the next step in your electrical career? The Doe Run Company is seeking an Electrician III to assist with the installation, repair and maintenance of Doe Run electrical equipment in order to ensure process safety and minimize division downtime. This position is located near Viburnum, MO in the beautiful Mark Twain National Forest.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Assist with scheduled maintenance and repairs.
- Work to obtain the ability to manage time and dollar resources in order to provide effective, timely and efficient repair and maintenance services.
- Assist with the installation of new equipment and the modification of existing equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Successful completion of Level II of the Doe Run Electrician Training Program OR at least 2 year of proven hands-on non-residential electrical experience after completion of a technical program (including, but not limited to journeyman, apprenticeships or other approved programs).
- New hires must successfully complete hands-on testing associated with Level II.
- New hires must score at least 58 on the Industrial Electricity exam.
- Successful completion of an aptitude assessment administered by Doe Run at the time of hire or upon entry to the program.
- Experience applying electrical concepts & principles.
- Exposure to I-Series/AS400/PeopleSoft preferred.
- Exposure to reading & drawing schematics & blueprints.
- Exposure to reading & interpreting electrical instruments/meters.
- Experience cutting, welding, & pipe fitting.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid, current driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid mathematical skills & the ability to calculate (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions).
- Solid measurement skills (using tape measure, calipers).
- High aptitude to learn.
- Strong troubleshooting & problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of National Electric Code.
- Solid knowledge of OSHA or MSHA regulations.
- Ability to troubleshoot HVAC systems, medium voltage circuits/equipment, PLC, semiconductor & process controls.
- Strong knowledge of hydraulics/pneumatics.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
- Frequently required to work underground.
- Frequently required to work near moving mechanical parts, work at heights of 4’ or more with fall protection and work with fall protection.
- Occasionally required to work in wet, humid conditions and outdoor weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to vibration, extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather).
- Rarely required to work in confined spaces.
- Regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk, reach with hands/arms, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Frequently required to feel attributes of objects and grasp.
- Occasionally required to push, climb or balance, use repetitive motion and move up and down from/to sitting position on the floor.
- Requires clarity of vision at 20 inches or less, three-dimensional vision, the ability to judge distance and spatial relationships, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Regularly required to lift up to 15 pounds. Frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds. Frequently required to lift up to 50 pounds.
Based in St. Louis, The Doe Run Company is a privately held natural resources company and one of the largest integrated lead producers in the Western Hemisphere. Dedicated to environmentally responsible mineral and metal production, Doe Run has facilities in Missouri, Washington and Arizona and operates one of the world’s largest, single-site lead recycling facilities, located in Boss, MO. Using innovative mining techniques, Doe Run skillfully taps one of the largest lead deposits in the world.
As stewards of the mineral resources in our care, we strive to provide premium services and products to people who share our belief in enhancing the quality of life. You may view our sustainability report located at http://sustainability.doerun.com/.
All health and welfare benefits as well as 401K are effective on your start date! In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement to help you grow and develop within our organization with ample opportunities for advancement.
The Doe Run Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all areas, including but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, selection, training, education, compensation, benefits, promotion, job transfer, upgrading, separation and recall regardless of the individual’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, and/or other protected categories under all Federal, State, and local laws. For more information, please click on the following links: About the EEO law and EEO law supplement.