This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Fund Development (FD) team. This is an unpaid, remote (work from home) position. All applicants must be a currently enrolled college student.
This position will support the Fundraising and Marketing Resources team at the American Red Cross National Headquarters. Intern will focus on gathering content from the field to be used in fundraising materials, creating brand new donor content, updating guidance tools, as well as organizing and maintaining internal resources.
1. Content gathering
- Client and volunteer photos/quotes and stories
- Identify and list potential disaster, Home Fire Campaign/Sound the Alarm, & Biomed stories by reviewing Red Cross regional blogs and news events pages to identifying compelling stories.
- Work with regions and internal clients to confirm all rights for fundraising use (copyright and publicity).
2. Create new Stewardship Touchpoint
- Create annual touchpoint for Year End stewardship
- Photo usage by team– update and maintain photography tracking based on recent tools.
- Photo/story selection – (work with writer(s) to identify content needs and design materials)
- Resource Guides – Update existing guides to reflect statistics and new photos
Time Commitment: Minimum 10 hours per week during business hours
- Junior or senior undergraduate student (required)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (required)
- Strong interview skills (required)
- Excellent writing skills and willingness to submit 1-page writing sample (required)
- Good eye for photo selection and design (required)
- Strong attention to detail (required)
- Currently studying Communications, English, History or Journalism (preferred)
- *Please note that a writing example will be required