The Administrative Clinic Staff Internship opportunity is open to students of all fields of studies who are interested in learning the administrative aspect of managing a medical/private practice clinic or facility. S/he should be ready to learn and serve in our practice community, assisting with administrative duties where trained, under the private practice’s operations and administrative leadership management’s directives. Our internship opportunities are both educational and practical, allowing the interns to apply respective classroom concepts while discovering the intricacies of client care management within a Speech, Orofacial Myofunctional, Occupational & Physical private practice. S/he will be trained to assist in the following duties:
Clinical Administrative Duties
- Reach out to clients for appointments via direct phone calls, plus send postcards to ‘New’ clients upon receipt of monthly Patients Member Roster Lists, exhibiting pleasing personality and good communication skills at all times, on the phone and/or in person contact when patients arrive at facility
- Schedule patients for clinic visit appointments, checking their eligibilities via various systems, making sure patients are qualified for each clinic visit
- Maintain and update patients’ personal and insurance data on online charts and patients’ electronic medical records (EMR), ensuring that patients’ demographic and insurance information are accurate and current, notifying patients, management and front desk staff of any patient’s insurance ineligibility, etc.
- Create and fax patients’ Referral forms to insurance companies, making sure each respective insurance company’s referral form is in place for each patient’s referral order
- Working closely with the Administrative Team, preparing new and/or updating former presentation materials that serves as educational hand-outs to clients
- Assist with marketing, recruitment, and special projects, coordinating and implementing private practice’s community outreach, marketing/promotional, and recruitment events, researching and preparing materials, gathering pertinent supplies as needed prior to each event’s date
- Assist with establishing and maintaining business relationships/contacts with various local universities, colleges and prospective vendors for promotional events and job fairs, assisting with recruitment efforts for clinical rotations & permanent placements, coordinating meetings and/or tele-conferences as needed
- Monitor activities and postings on facility’s website and social media channels, updating profiles and events’ pages with applicable changes as needed
- Perform general office duties and clinical miscellaneous/ad-hoc duties under the direction of the CEO and management, including but not limited to the followings, thus fostering team spirit:
- Cover front desk/reception staff for lunch breaks; checking in clients’ there by completing their’ online forms; collecting co-pays and/or Self-Pay fees; gathering pertinent information for charting; confirming no changes to clients’ addresses, insurance, phone numbers, emergency contact info, etc.; checking out clients at end of each encounter visits, creating client’s next follow-up appointment, and answering visitors’ inquiries about the company, directing them to TeleVine Therapy’s website and/or appropriate personnel for answers
- Perform research and present reports as needed on any given topic assigned by superiors
- Work closely with therapists on client services, reporting always to management any escalated or difficult issues regarding clients’ complaints, etc.
- Prepare and distribute correspondences: letters, emails, and greeting cards as well as memos and/or announcements as directed by management
- Handle all types of office equipment such as fax machines, printers, computers, Xerox machines, video conferencing equipment, etc.
- Attend meetings/seminars/conferences with staff and management as appropriate to interest/training level.
Possess excellent phone, written and spoken communication skills, along with multi-tasking, team spirit, customer service, and detail-orientation with dexterity/thoroughness skills; knowledge of current healthcare trend, health insurance industry, marketing and researching any topic via internet are a plus.
- Must be well-organized, (Quality vs. Quantity), open-minded, compassionate, decisive, flexible,
- Be a peoples-person with ‘mission-minded focus,’ interpersonal and full of integrity
- Possess ability to communicate well with others, initiating team player spirit
- Be resourceful, with excellent critical thinking and complex problem solving ability
- Possession of strong knowledge of and/or practical experience working within any business administration and management or in health related areas such as at a clinic or hospital setting is a great plus