At TSMC, We Develop the Technologies that Shape the Future and Change the World!
Technology is our cornerstone, and Innovation is our passion. At TSMC, we bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to provide the best foundry services possible, and drive innovation in fields that revolutionize our world and daily lives including high performance computing, mobile, automotive electronics, and the Internet of Things.
If you want to challenge yourself and unleash innovation with brilliant colleagues located around the world, come join us!
Module Equipment Engineer
Focuses on improving tool performance and availability while meeting uptime and cycle time requirements in our new fab in Phoenix, Ariz. No prior experience required, though previous experience in equipment maintenance or improvement is a plus.
Your main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Handling diffusion, thin film, lithography or etching equipment in clean room environment.
- Installing/qualifying new tool sets according to planned schedule to add capacity in a timely manner.
- Solving critical equipment issues.
- Improving tool uptime availability and utilization efficiency.
- Identifying and pursuing opportunities for hardware capability enhancement.
- Driving defect reduction.
- Communicating with cross-function engineers or vendors.
- Managing vendor relationships and being responsible for module liaison with facilities, vendor, and manufacturing shift personnel.
- A minimum of a B.S. degree in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or Automation Engineering related fields.
- Basic mechanical-related knowledge and knowledge of semiconductor processes are a plus.
- Good problem-solving and communication skills as well as a willingness to learn.
- The ability to troubleshoot complex problems and to own the efforts to address and resolve root causes.
- Able to lift weight consistent with applicable regulations and/or safety guidelines, including NIOSH Lifting Recommendations.
- Able to work in a cleanroom environment, gowning up in coveralls, hoods, boots, safety glasses and gloves. Spend significant amount of time on the factory floor working on the tools.
*Work location: Arizona, U.S.A. (U.S. Fab)/Taiwan
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org