The creation of affordable housing is expensive and requires public and private investment to be successfully completed. The VISTA member in this position will build additional capacity for our organization via the development of a corporate partner material donation program. This program will provide revenue in our retail store locations and lower our construction costs. In addition to this service to provide the resources necessary to support our affordable housing development, this VISTA member will also support community engagement and marketing efforts to build a larger brand awareness via our website, social media platforms, and in-store materials and graphics. Our current Habitat Stores operate three locations across the Pierce County community.
Member Duties : This VISTA position will build capacity to further the construction of more affordable housing for households earning less than 80% of the area median income by increasing our corporate material donation partners, both increasing our retail store revenue and lowering our construction costs. The position will fight poverty by increasing the number of low-income households our program is able to serve.
The member will engage in the following activities:
- research potential corporate partners
- conduct calls and face-to-face meeting with partners
- build and maintain relationships with corporate partners
- educate donors and the public on how their support grows the organization’s ability to serve
- create marketing materials for in-store and social media platforms
The member should expect to increase our corporate partners by 50%, create a marketing plan, and brand engagement calendar.
Benefits for Full Year VISTA:
- Bi-weekly living allowance of $513.94-$613.48 (pre-tax)
- End-of-Service Award: choice of $6,195 Segal AmeriCorps Education Award or approximately $1,800 cash stipend
- Childcare assistance if eligible
- Loan forbearance and interest accrual payment or deferment on qualified student loans
- Service-Related Transportation
- Relocation Assistance ($750)
- Comprehensive leave benefit
- High-quality training, orientation, and professional development
- Non-Competitive Eligibility (NCE) status for one year upon completion of service
- Unique team experience as part of United Way and AmeriCorps networks