Summa Health Medical Group
Summa Health System is recognized as one of the region’s top employers by a number of third party organizations, including NorthCoast 99. Exceptional candidates gravitate to Summa because of its culture, passion for delivering excellent service to our patients and families commitment to our philosophy of servant leadership, collegial working relationships at every level of the organization and competitive pay and benefits.
According to established procedures, collects and performs limited tests of specimens per physician order. Assists physician and nurse with designated procedures. Performs related secretarial/clerical duties.
– Graduate of an approved Medical Assistant program.
Minimum Work Experience:
– One (1) year related medical office experience; or 160-hour externship completed within the last five years in a medical/office setting.
– Population Specific Competency: Ability to effectively interact with populations of patients/customers with an understanding of their needs for self-respect and dignity.
– Assumes accountability for demonstrated behaviors consistent with the customer service
– Ability to communicate with physicians, patients, and other hospital staff.
– Ability to collect samples (e.g., blood, throat cultures, etc.) and to perform limited tests of such.
– Ability to give injections (this requirement may be waived in some work locations)
– Ability to remove casts with sutures/staples (this requirement may be waived in some work locations)
– Ability to operate microscope, cameras, videotape, etc.
– Must maintain confidentiality of patient information.