We’re redefining what’s possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
We now need results-driven Associate Registrar to join our High School.
Reporting to a school-based Leader, the Associate Registrar will be a results-driven leader using student information systems and leadership skills to organize and maintain school registrar systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manages and audits academics records, credit requirements, and GPAs of all scholars;
- Counsels School Leadership regarding academic records, registration, grades, enrollment eligibility, academic probation, and graduation;
- Is accountable for recommending and providing metrics around key policy decisions that impact scholar grades;
- Oversees collection, classification, management, evaluation, security, integrity, certification, and dissemination of student records in accordance with SA standards, professional practices, and network policies and procedures;
- Develops and implements registration policies and processes in line with changes to academic and enrollment policies; Identify best practices related to the areas of academic records and registration;
- Maintains educational data within systems including: the setup of new programs, the setup/updates of enrollment agreements, incompletes and transfer credit requests;
- In conjunction with our technology team, safeguards academic information, focusing on data integrity, security, information flow, maintenance, developments, and enhancements as well as leverage emerging technology;
- Creates and manages school & scholar schedules, class rosters and grades, as well as any changes to these within the school year;
- Generates reports that provides information to administration, faculty, scholars, and parents as needed;
- Coordinates scheduling, to ensure that adequate space is available for classes, exams, and university and non academic functions
- Develops necessary operational practices and processes to meet the needs of the school in a streamlined, friendly, and efficient manner; and
- Performs related duties as necessary to support the school’s mission.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; a Master’s degree is preferred;
- Preferred 2-3 years of progressive experience in Data Management, Registrar/Student Records, Enrollment Management or higher education records related;
- In-depth knowledge of student information systems and experience working with records management and student information systems; and
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to excellence in organization.
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Are leaders with conviction who know how to build relationships across teams and can inspire their school communities;
- Have unparalleled commitment to action-driven analysis;
- Are deeply self-reflective, passionate, and committed to world-class schooling and excellence;
- Have grit and courage in the face of really difficult work;
- Are proven people managers with the ability to set measurable goals to promote advancement of their school communities;
- Are flexible, joyful, and able to manage through ambiguity; and
- Possess personal accountability, strong judgement, discretion and integrity.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/.