We have great people here and are looking for more. Come join us – you will love it!
Job Title: Verifications Specialist
Department: US Fulfillment
Position Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Independence, OH
About The Role:
The Verifications Specialist plays an important role in supporting our clients in their pre-employment screening process. This role delivers accurate, reliable screening results so that our clients can create safer environments for their employees, customers, and partners.
This Is What You’ll Do:
- Verify details such as candidates’ current and previous employment, education, professional licenses, certifications, and references
- Communicate with third parties such as employers, schools, state boards, and online databases to verify information
- Record confirmed details in Sterling’s platforms
- Work closely with Quality team to ensure accurate details are submitted
- Meet daily volume and accuracy quotas
This is the Job For You If You:
- Are driven to meet daily Key Performance Indicators (volume & accuracy)
- Are detailed-oriented
- Can follow directions as established by company and client
- Are comfortable using technology and have experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Searches and/or Database Lookups
This Is What We’re Looking For:
- High School Diploma (or GED) required; Associate Degree preferred
- 1 – 2 years working experience
- Ability to work 8 hours between our core hours of 8:00 am through 8:00 pm EST
- A physical router with an available port is required for some roles. We suggest a minimum internet speed of 25 MB
Please note: Sterling will welcome part-time hours and interns for this opportunity.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Sterling
Sterling is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related conditions), gender identity and expression, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by law. In addition, Sterling is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment individuals regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related conditions), gender identity and expression, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, military service and genetic information; and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.