PLEASE ATTACH THE ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS LISTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
Job ID: 16214
Agency: Department of Public Safety/Secretariat
Salary: $21.11 – $25.48 per hour; depending on experience
Closing Date: 05/18/2021
This is a Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly position with the Department of Public Safety. For more information on the Department of Public Safety, please visit https://dps.sd.gov/.
The Department of Public Safety is looking for a motivated individual to fulfill an Accountant II position in Pierre. The person chosen for the position will work with multiple programs within the department and account for multiple sources of funds.
- perform professional accounting work that requires the application of accounting and audit theories, concepts, principles, and standards to the financial activities of the State;
- manage financial activity for federal grants;
- initiate federal drawdowns for reimbursement of federal grant funds;
- compile federal quarterly financial reports for grants;
- process voucher payments and monitor fiscal activities for multiple programs to ensure that funds are properly accounted for and allocated correctly;
- perform reconciliations;
- assist with budget preparations;
- allocate indirect costs.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
A 4-year accounting degree, and 1-2 years of progressive accounting experience is preferred.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Practices;
- governmental accounting;
- State’s INFOR accounting system is preferred, but not required;
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Query, and other desktop tools including pivot tables.
- comprehend and apply pertinent laws, rules, and policies;
- conduct research and compile and analyze financial data;
- work independently as well as in a team environment;
- perform in a deadline driven environment;
- execute reconciliations and allocations;
- use computers and applicable accounting software.
Additional Requirements: To be considered, attach your college transcripts.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: email@example.com
“An Equal Opportunity Employer”