The Hames Center is Sitka, Alaska’s community wellness center. The Hames Center is committed to personal and community wellness for all ages through indoor fitness and recreation opportunities and education. Working at the Hames Center can be a dream job for anyone who loves wellness and fitness and who wants to be part of the community of Sitka, one of the most beautiful seaside towns in the United States, which is located in Southeast Alaska at the center of the Tongass National Forest.
The Hames Center is a program of the Sitka Fine Arts Camp. The mission of the Sitka Fine Arts Camp is to build community in Alaska by providing opportunities in arts, culture and recreation in an inclusive, educational and inspirational environment.
The Hames Center Manager is responsible for the operational success of the Hames Center including staff management, facility cleanliness, customer service, member services, and building memberships.
- Provide customers high quality service.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and attractive facility.
- Monitor facility equipment and provide routine maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Supervise and motivate staff to provide the highest quality service.
- Oversee program budget.
- Ensure program profitability.
- Oversee promotion and marketing.
- Build community membership, participation & stakeholders.
- 1+ years of management experience.
- Experience and/or enthusiasm for sports recreation and the fitness industry.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and master new systems.
- Professional and prompt communication.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Technical Capacity, to include database management.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Ethics: Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use standard office technology.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment and recreation facility. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate effectively. The employee must be able to lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work vary Monday through Sunday, as early as 5am. Evening and weekend work will be required depending on events.
The above is not intended to list all possible essential functions or requirements as they are subject to change. The employer reserves the right to revise or change this description. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Salaried, exempt positions may require varying amounts of time to accomplish the assigned duties, including time spent outside of the normal business hours for which compensation is included in base pay. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the above essential duties and meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these requirements.
$41,000 annual salary
Benefits as laid out in the Sitka Fine Arts Camp Employee Handbook including annual leave and sick leave
Hames Center Membership
401k Retirement Plan after 1 year of employment
Sitka Fine Arts Camp is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.